Bluetooth Headset Communicators - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I've been though a couple SMH10 Senas and have 10S currently after i left the power charging port open in a rainstorm on the last one. I unlatched one and it was run over by a car behind me yet still worked other than the rotor button.

Sena's have all been good for me, reliable, run's all day and people can hear you clearly. Range is plenty for my needs. I also use a SM10 for connecting non bluetooth devices (used to use it for radar detector).

I typically ride with 2-3 other and the SMH-10 connects to everyone in a group fine so long as you pair them correctly per the directions.

The SMH-10 is pretty reasonable and works well, no need to get anything more honestly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 06:14 PM

SMH-5FM with the FM radio so I can listen to traffic reports when commuting. Callers are always surprised when I tell them they are talking to me while riding. I've had it for maybe 5 years with no issues in all weather.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 01:04 PM

Garage
I've had an SMH10 for about 7 years. I have never had a problem with it at any speed, and can hear/talk just fine even at 70MPH and above.

'09 Versys

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 03:09 AM

Garage
I have the Fodsport M1-S Pro and I'm very happy with it. It does everything: Music, Google assistant, and talking up to 8 people.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 03:51 AM

Garage
I just bought a Packtalk Hold Duo. It was last year's model, so I saved over $150.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 07:36 AM

Garage
Can anyone tell me which gps's are compatible with the Sena 20.
Thanks
Civit
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 08:14 AM
jpd

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
My Sena 10's say that it has to be a motorcycle gps (Zumo series) not sure on Tom Tom units. Just a bluetooth connection may not do it. My Nuvi with bluetooth for the phone, traffic, weather, will not connect to my headsets for turn by turn directions. Find the owners manual for the gps you are looking at and see if it has directions on how to connect to a helmet headset

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 10:22 AM

Garage
My nuvi is not compatible either. I hate to spend the money for a Zumo when I like the nuvi. The nuvi has a mush larger screen. I may just have to use my I Phone for turn by turn.
Thanks Jeff
Civit
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 11:00 AM

I use a Tomtom Rider 550 with my 10s. You canít connect the phone and the rider 550 at the same time however. It just supports one Bluetooth connection to either of them. You can pair the phone to the Rider550 then to the Sena.

I prefer the Tomtomís for the mydrive planning via website or app and then having it automatically sync into the device without having to plug everything together, it just does it on itís own once connected to wifi, including updates.

Senaís connect fine to all phones and you can then get voice directions into the helmet via google maps or apple maps. You can also use SIRI or Google voice to ask for directions on the fly if thatís what you prefer.

I would look at the Sena directions for your 20, it may support multiple Bluetooth connections for your phone and gps. You have to pair the GPS like you would a phone to get the voice guidance. You also have to set up voice priorityís so if youíre on intercom it isnít overriding the gps because thatís priority one. You can enable them to stream multiple audio sources at once so that wonít happen. Itís in the manual. Otherwise if you connect to friends youíll not hear the gps voice guidance.

The best feature on that tomtom is the gas station bar on the right, so easy to plan fuel stops with that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode