10Likes
  • 7 Post By Randyjaco
  • 1 Post By dddd
  • 2 Post By Randyjaco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
My New Seat Came In

I got my Terry Adcock seat this week and it was worth the wait. It is much better than the stock one. I can ride all day with this seat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181024_153210.jpg (122.2 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181024_153218.jpg (101.4 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181024_153107.jpg (102.8 KB, 88 views)

Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 08:23 PM

Seems like a nice touch of added detail besides comfort
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 08:53 PM

Garage
Very Nice....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Nice seat and what was the damage$$
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 06:11 AM

what's the weight?

does water pool on it? looks like it.

with those seams, once the bevel if pressed, do you feel them?

how much underseat space does it steal?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 06:54 AM

Garage
Got my seat a month ago. No seam or weight issues. The under seat space is the same. A test of the water pooling will come this week, as myself and some friends spend a week in the north Ga. mountians. Rian is in the forecast. The cost was under $300.
Civit
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 03:10 PM

Garage
I think I would like that seat.

[B]Once you go PACK you never go back
]
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The weight is only a couple of ounces more than my stock. The seat is made from a stock core. It is one inch wider than stock. I haven't gotten it wet yet, so I can't tell you much about water pooling. It cost me a little more than $200 after I returned a core.
On a previous bike I got a Corbin seat and it took about 2k miles to break it in. This one was comfortable immediately. No break in required.

Randy

Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 08:06 PM

> On a previous bike I got a Corbin seat and it took about 2k miles to break it in. This one was comfortable immediately. No break in required.

I can't stop telling everyone that corbin is bad bad bad, poor fit, hard seams, hard seat, 2x heavy and 3x expensive.
And it steals underseat space, leaving you wondering how to bring tools or fit former equipment.

You didn't breaking the seat, with corbin you did break in your butt. And you broke your wallet too.
I've never had a single reply from their support. Not kidding.
And I'll never see my 783$ back (yes that's how much it cost with shipping, exchange rate, taxes and customs.)

I'm really glad to hear that there is at least one option out there that will hopefully bankrupt corbin thieves.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 08:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
> On a previous bike I got a Corbin seat and it took about 2k miles to break it in. This one was comfortable immediately. No break in required.

I can't stop telling everyone that corbin is bad bad bad, poor fit, hard seams, hard seat, 2x heavy and 3x expensive.
And it steals underseat space, leaving you wondering how to bring tools or fit former equipment.

You didn't breaking the seat, with corbin you did break in your butt. And you broke your wallet too.
And I'll never see my 783$ back (yes that's how much it cost with shipping, exchange rate, taxes and customs.)

I'm really glad to hear that there is at least one option out there that will hopefully bankrupt corbin thieves.

I'm right there with you on saying Corbins are total crap from my experience with them....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post

I had a Corbin on the 07, and loved it, however it would not fit my 2015, I now suspect it was the tabs not found on the 15. As to dealing with Corbin, #1 , hands down the most arrogant worst company I ever dealt with, I waited 6 months to get my seat, they reduced their working hours over the winter and absolutely didn't give a S**T about me as a customer, paid and ordered in Late October , got it somewhere around the middle of May, purchased through what is now Twisted Throttle Canada, and I need to emphasize Twisted Throttle felt the same way about them, and their hands were tied, as this was a bulk shipment, they had other customers in the same boat as me.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 11:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
I had a Corbin on the 07, and loved it, however it would not fit my 2015, I now suspect it was the tabs not found on the 15. As to dealing with Corbin, #1 , hands down the most arrogant worst company I ever dealt with, I waited 6 months to get my seat, they reduced their working hours over the winter and absolutely didn't give a S**T about me as a customer, paid and ordered in Late October , got it somewhere around the middle of May, purchased through what is now Twisted Throttle Canada, and I need to emphasize Twisted Throttle felt the same way about them, and their hands were tied, as this was a bulk shipment, they had other customers in the same boat as me.
I bought my 15 1000LT with a Corbin on it so I can't compare to stock. I know it is pretty nice for me and is great with a bead rider on there for cooling. This seat is SO much more comfie than the junk that was on my VStrom so based on trying three different seats on the VStrom this seat was a good selling point for me. 2015 1000LT with 6k miles for $7k plus DMV and tax. Did 600 round trip in two days and I only wish the bars were closer to me.
If I had to buy one I would go the more custom route you guys are talking about but only $200 for a trade in custom seat is lower than I ever have heard yet. Good buy!
Thanks Guys
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

ONLY Corbin I ever had was a used one I bought for my '04KLR. I was pretty happy w/ it (ALREADY broken-in).

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 10:59 PM

Garage
seats

This 08 Versys 650, has a Seat Concepts seat. Seems fine, first owner put it on, so I have no experience with stock seats. My 05 1200rt beemer still has stock seat, which works well. The most beautiful seat I ever saw and the most expensive was a Mayer "Day Long" saddle was on a friend's 04 1150rt. I rode it and it was plush and lovely until the first stoplight, I almost fell over because those side bolsters wouldn't let me get my leg over to put a foot down. Scary.

@[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="6"]:goodidea:[QUOTE][B][I][CENTER][CODE][HTML][PHP][YT][YTHQ][YTHD][EBAY][MAP][/MAP][/EBAY][/YTHD][/YTHQ][/YT][/PHP][/HTML][/CODE][/CENTER][/I][/B][/QUOTE][/SIZE][/FONT];

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 12:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by husky310 View Post
This 08 Versys 650, has a Seat Concepts seat. Seems fine, first owner put it on, so I have no experience with stock seats. My 05 1200rt beemer still has stock seat, which works well. The most beautiful seat I ever saw and the most expensive was a Mayer "Day Long" saddle was on a friend's 04 1150rt. I rode it and it was plush and lovely until the first stoplight, I almost fell over because those side bolsters wouldn't let me get my leg over to put a foot down. Scary.
I had a Russell Day Long Seat. When you come to a stop you need to slide forward to the tank to put your feet down...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well, this week I put about 1000 miles on my new seat. A lot of that was on the Twisties near the Texas Hill Country (Not exactly smooth highway cruising). That seat is so much more comfortable than stock. Even after 6-8 hours of riding, it was still comfortable. The stock one gave me fanny fatigue within 2 hours.
WRT the water pooling question, the answer is no. I didn't have any rain, so I took the hose to lt. The seat drained quickly and held no more water than stock. Terry thought out his product well. It is a 10 out of 10 for me.

The one negative I will mention is that if you have a short inseam (mine is 30") the seat is a tad higher due to the fact that the forward portion is a little wider. But I can live with that.

Randy
weljo2001 and quexpress like this.

Last edited by Randyjaco; 11-05-2018 at 06:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode