Selling my 09 Versys 650 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 7Likes
  • 3 Post By shibesv81
  • 1 Post By Fastoman
  • 3 Post By weljo2001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

Selling my 09 Versys 650

After 5 years of ownership and many fun rides, I am parting ways with my 09 Versys. I really do like the bike, it's a ton of fun around town and
even more so in the twisties. But my body just can't handle the vibration it throws at me. I've tried to make it better, Speedy's anti-vibe bar riser,
grip puppies, throttle body sync, tune up... They just won't go away to the point I can ride comfortably all day. I hit age 55 this year and decided
it was time for something different. I picked up a used 04 ST-1300 at the end of September. Much smoother than the Versys, but quite a bit heavier.
So far I am enjoying it, freeway speeds aren't as buzzy and there is NO vibration in the seat, pegs or bars that I have noticed. Getting used to the
bigger engine and heavier weight of the ST. I'm already planning to take a ride down Highway 1 from Northern Cal to Southern Cal in a couple weeks before the cooler temperatures take hold of the state. That's why I bought the Versys in the first place, but never could make the entire ride.
Santa Cruz was as far as I made it. Kind of a bucket list item to do that road on a motorcycle north to south. I've done it in my truck, but not on a bike. Looking forward to that ride.

Not sure where else the ST will take me yet, maybe the Nor Cal Schlotzke's I never got to, LOL.
The Versys would be a keeper if I was younger, but at my age I just can't ride it for long periods. I hate to say goodbye to it.

I'm posting it up for sale here in the coming days, if you are in Northern California and looking for a low mileage green 09 V with a matching Sargent seat, and factory Givi hard bags (also matching) pm me.

I appreciate the technical knowledge you all have shared here over the last 5 years. And seeing where everyone is riding to.
Maybe a V1K is in my future if I decide the ST is not for me. Or maybe a newer version V650. Or maybe a Goldwing. We'll see.

No Video

Ride smart, ride safe. Let the horizon get sideways!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

and hang around the forum.
onewizard likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 11:47 AM

Garage
Someone Said Schlotzsky's.....

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibesv81 View Post
After 5 years of ownership and many fun rides, I am parting ways with my 09 Versys. I really do like the bike, it's a ton of fun around town and
even more so in the twisties. But my body just can't handle the vibration it throws at me. I've tried to make it better, Speedy's anti-vibe bar riser,
grip puppies, throttle body sync, tune up... They just won't go away to the point I can ride comfortably all day. I hit age 55 this year and decided
it was time for something different.
No Video
Shame you did not get a 2015 Versys or newer (Gen 3). Mine is a 2015 and it is pretty darn smooth at any RPM and totally silky smooth at 6k rpm. The rubber engine mounts and rubber handle bar mounts made a big difference from previous generation bikes.

I rode a 2014 (Gen 2) before I bought my 2015 and the vib difference was quite noticeable.

Good luck with your new whistling dixie, ST 1300. I looked at them a few years ago before I bought a 2012 Concours 14. I remembered the first time I heard one run and was impressed with whistle sound the exhaust made.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 11:42 PM

With my 07 the only vibrations I notice are on the left mirror. Mind you a lot of our roads are as rough as guts so you just get used to it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
Shame you did not get a 2015 Versys or newer (Gen 3). Mine is a 2015 and it is pretty darn smooth at any RPM and totally silky smooth at 6k rpm. The rubber engine mounts and rubber handle bar mounts made a big difference from previous generation bikes.

I rode a 2014 (Gen 2) before I bought my 2015 and the vib difference was quite noticeable.

Good luck with your new whistling dixie, ST 1300. I looked at them a few years ago before I bought a 2012 Concours 14. I remembered the first time I heard one run and was impressed with whistle sound the exhaust made.
It sure does whistle. Thanks for the tip on the 2015 models, I will look at those when ready to get my next V #2.

Took the ST out to Hwy 1 Monterey to San Simeon during a semi-warm Sunday couple weeks ago, had a good ride along the coast.

That Norcal Schlotzke's has closed unfortunately.

Ride well and ride safe!

Ride smart, ride safe. Let the horizon get sideways!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode