Wind tippage! Need mirror recommendation. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Wind tippage! Need mirror recommendation.

original thread https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...mendation.html

So my bike was in the driveway under a cover that latches underneath. A flash storm happened a couple hours ago. Afterwards, I went to let the dogs out and my 2015 Versys 650 was laying on it's side! The cover was obviously acting like a parachute. No damage to bags, tank or anything, but the Madstad ws and the right mirror. Both demolished. I already ordered a new Madstad windshield. Do any of you have a recommendation on a set of mirrors? I imagine an aftermarket set would be cheaper than one OEM. They need to be as wide or wider than stock and look as terrific as the stockers. Thx!

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Apple Valley, Minnesota

Last edited by onewizard; 12-09-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 08:10 PM

Garage
Liked these better than the Z-1000 mirrors i put on my V-650 and they are bolted straight on so they won't swivel on you..https://www.ebay.com/itm/10MM-rear-v...97.m4902.l9144
Lours_Polaire and mrvwbug like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Liked these better than the Z-1000 mirrors i put on my V-650 and they are bolted straight on so they won't swivel on you..https://www.ebay.com/itm/10MM-rear-v...97.m4902.l9144
Those do look nice. How do they compare width-wise to stock? I MUST see past my elbows!

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Apple Valley, Minnesota

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 08:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishman View Post
Those do look nice. How do they compare width-wise to stock? I MUST see past my elbows!

I need mirror extenders with all my mirrors. Seems i'm kinda wide. You can see how they work in this video.....

On my Versys 1000 I have KTM Folding Mirrors.....They are adjustable I have them set on the shortest length when using my mirror extenders...

P1020085 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1020088 by weljo2001, on Flickr
onewizard and Fastoman like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

What is the "Rock Auto" of motorcycles or anyone who might sell OEM parts cheaper than a dealer? I wouldn't mind finding out if the OEM one can be found cheap enough before I go aftermarket.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Apple Valley, Minnesota
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 08:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
What is the "Rock Auto" of motorcycles or anyone who might sell OEM parts cheaper than a dealer? I wouldn't mind finding out if the OEM one can be found cheap enough before I go aftermarket.

There are quite a few threads on the subject. Maybe use the search feature.....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
I've settled into using Rocky Mountain ATV for factory parts and tires. Prices on OEM seem to be less than almost everywhere else and their tire prices rawk. They also facilitate any tire rebates. And they have a reward program. And real, live customer service if you call them.

Free shipping over $75.

No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SiSF)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

And most of Canada too, eh?
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 09:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
There are a lot of sites that sell OEM parts, but none are way cheaper than the dealer, like Rock Auto is.

I don't care what you ride, just ride.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 07:08 AM

Garage
And your turn signal didn't crack the fairing?

Just because I am Deaf does not mean I can not roar.

Long distance two stroke scooter rider moving onto even longer touring.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
I've bought many OEM parts over the years from RonAyers.com and Partzilla.com. Both are excellent to deal with, and prices are sometimes cheaper than your dealer's.

BTW, I'm very happy with the OEM mirrors mounted on Motorwerk extenders. Great field of vision.

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I need mirror extenders with all my mirrors. Seems i'm kinda wide.
Joe don't be ashamed of being a "wide body."

In the world of things airline, all the pilots greatly desire the wide body jets as they are the newest, most sophisticated, and PAY the most to fly.

Wide does have it's benefits, after all...Lol.

Cheers.
onewizard and weljo2001 like this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringTodd View Post
And your turn signal didn't crack the fairing?
Yeah. I just double checked after work tonight. No other cracks or damage, except the bottom edge of the right bag is scuffed. Not deep, so I might be able to get that out. The cover, which is likely the reason it got blown, over protected it from any major scuffs elsewhere.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Apple Valley, Minnesota
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
I've bought many OEM parts over the years from RonAyers.com and Partzilla.com. Both are excellent to deal with, and prices are sometimes cheaper than your dealer's.

BTW, I'm very happy with the OEM mirrors mounted on Motorwerk extenders. Great field of vision.
I'll look into both sites and also the Motorwerk extenders might be nice too. Thx for the tips!
I had forgotten about Partzilla even though I bought my OEM top case and gear indicator from them 3.5 years ago.
Doug Just Doug likes this.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Apple Valley, Minnesota

Last edited by Squishman; 10-04-2018 at 08:10 PM.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
I've settled into using Rocky Mountain ATV for factory parts and tires. Prices on OEM seem to be less than almost everywhere else and their tire prices rawk. They also facilitate any tire rebates. And they have a reward program. And real, live customer service if you call them.

Free shipping over $75.

Thanks Steve. I will look into that one too.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Apple Valley, Minnesota
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

I bought a used OEM mirror off of ebay for only $27.50, free ship. Now all I need to do is polish out the scuff on the side bag.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Apple Valley, Minnesota
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

deleted. duplicate from above.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Apple Valley, Minnesota

Last edited by Squishman; 10-06-2018 at 09:58 AM. Reason: duplicate
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

Exclamation FYI Parts Suppliers Compilation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post

Free shipping over $75.
I did a google search and found the supplier. What I am suggesting, anytime someone posts a suggestion that they are very happy with a certain supplier, take the extra effort and post a link with a brief description of what they sell. Later I will update this thread https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...er-forums.html
quexpress likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 10-06-2018 at 10:15 AM.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
I did a google search and found the supplier. What I am suggesting, anytime someone posts a suggestion that they are very happy with a certain supplier, take the extra effort and post a link with a brief description of what they sell. Later I will update this thread https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...er-forums.html
I see you already did it.

Sorry and thanks.
onewizard likes this.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SiSF)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

And most of Canada too, eh?
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 01:18 AM

After a little crash I had to buy new mirror set. I bought cheap ZXXX style. Nice, but they don't swivel...
If I have to buy them again, I'll buy swivel feature

Nobody thinks that something is so easy like who is totally unable to do it.

Kawasaki Versys 07 Orange
Ex Aprilia Pegaso 96 Blue
Ex Suzuki DR 350 91

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Does anyone know if you can remove and re-install the glass on the mirror without breaking the glass? If anyone has does that before. The post on the used one that I bought has a little black enamel chippage. The original one looks like new so I wouldn't mind trading posts.
New Madstad shield comes Monday.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in