Wind tippage! Need mirror recommendation. - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 10:23 PM
Member
 
mrvwbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Posts: 347
I might suggest getting a different cover. The fairly ubiquitous in the US Dowco Guardian covers have vents in the top with little flaps that let wind blow through the cover, but keep water out. I live in southern Wyoming where high winds are a daily occurrence for half the year and even in 60+mph winds to the side of the bike its never tipped over.

Hey Weljo, did those non-stock mirrors improve the mirrior vibration at all? I got mirror extenders which greatly improved what I can see out of the stock mirrors (not just my elbows anymore), but you still see mostly blurry vibrating objects in them at speed.
Squishman likes this.
mrvwbug is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Apple Valley, Minnesota
Posts: 280
Thx for the tip. I will definitely get one of those. It'll go in the shed for the winter any week now though.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Squishman is offline  
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 02:32 PM
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,432
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvwbug View Post
I might suggest getting a different cover. The fairly ubiquitous in the US Dowco Guardian covers have vents in the top with little flaps that let wind blow through the cover, but keep water out. I live in southern Wyoming where high winds are a daily occurrence for half the year and even in 60+mph winds to the side of the bike its never tipped over.

Hey Weljo, did those non-stock mirrors improve the mirrior vibration at all? I got mirror extenders which greatly improved what I can see out of the stock mirrors (not just my elbows anymore), but you still see mostly blurry vibrating objects in them at speed.

Yes the eBay cheapie i posted earlier has less vibration than the stockers. I like them better also because they bolted down and you didn't have to worry about a loose mirror...
tommyvous59 likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
 
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 07:18 PM
Member
 
mrvwbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yes the eBay cheapie i posted earlier has less vibration than the stockers. I like them better also because they bolted down and you didn't have to worry about a loose mirror...
Great I think I will snag a set. The stock mirrors even screwed down with loctite still turn in their normal adjustment range from just the wind and bumps
weljo2001 and tommyvous59 like this.
mrvwbug is offline  
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 04:25 PM
Member
 
tommyvous59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: extreme south texas
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvwbug View Post
Great I think I will snag a set. The stock mirrors even screwed down with loctite still turn in their normal adjustment range from just the wind and bumps
chronic issue with my right mirror. even with loctite.
tommyvous59 is offline  
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 05:58 PM
Member
 
twowheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 3,323
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishman View Post
So my bike was in the driveway under a cover that latches underneath. A flash storm happened a couple hours ago. Afterwards, I went to let the dogs out and my 2015 Versys 650 was laying on it's side! The cover was obviously acting like a parachute. No damage to bags, tank or anything, but the Madstad ws and the right mirror. Both demolished. I already ordered a new Madstad windshield. Do any of you have a recommendation on a set of mirrors? I imagine an aftermarket set would be cheaper than one OEM. They need to be as wide or wider than stock and look as terrific as the stockers. Thx!
Any 10mm mirror you find on EBay should fit. There are probably 100 different models listed. I would look up "mirror 10mm Aprilia Tuono" or something similar.

I had these until I broke one in a similar fashion. I found they actually looked better on the bike than the OEM mirrors and are of a similar quality.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Motorcycle-R...7SSA:rk:5:pf:0

Last edited by twowheels; 10-22-2018 at 06:01 PM.
twowheels is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome