• 1 Post By asphaltaddict33
  • 1 Post By captpfd
  • 1 Post By captpfd
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By Nonsequitur

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Leo Vince exhaust recommendations

Anyone purchased this complete exhaust for your 2015 or newer Versys 650? Pricing has come down and I can get this complete exhaust for about $500 bills. With our bikes have FI, do you think this will require anything else like a Power Commander? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 02:08 PM

Garage
You didn't post the exhaust...But...Delkevic has complete systems for the V-650 & 1000's. Lot cheaper and great quality i had the headers on my V-650 and slip-ons on my FJR...........https://delkevic.com/complete-system...650-2015-2017/

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 12:00 AM

That would be one serious price drop to get a full system for $500 can you link the place where you found it? The standard price for the Leo Vince slip on for the 2014 and earlier V650 is $564.

I run a Two Brothers slip-on, on my 2009 V650 and it sounds amazing, provided you like it LOUD!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 10:51 AM

The LeoVince system for the Gen3 is designed to work on a stock bike with no tune, according to their literature. If you change the air filter thats no longer true.

However you will need an O2 sensor adapter for the LeoVince, for some reason, the pipe thats made specifically for this bike has a larger O2 fitting than the sensor the bike comes with. No big deal $8 on Amazon so its clearly a fairly common need, but vital to this install! LINK
I would recommend applying some aluminum or lithium anti-seize to all the threads of the O2 sensor and adapter when installing, but carefully if any gets in the sensor its toast.

I have had the system on mine for 1000 miles and really like it. I have only run it with the quiet insert in so far and the throttle is responsive, fueling is slightly better 3500-4000 compared to before, and I really have not seen any significant change in MPGs. The sound of the motor is also greatly improved imo

If you pull the trigger make sure and get on an OEM parts site at the time and get a pair of copper exhaust crush gaskets. They are cheap and important to have a new one on with the new pipes so there is no leaking at the exhaust port.

I have not done the AIS block off (which injects air into the exhaust for CA emissions crap) and have noticed some popping from the exhaust on decel, but its been infrequent and minor it doesnt bother be like it has on some other bikes.

$500 is a great price I got mine for that price from a member here with no regrets
twowheels likes this.

2016 Versys 650LT - Madstad, T-Bob, LeoVince, SeatConcepts, HyperPro CSC Damper, Shoodabeen Flashed
2003 KLR 685 - +1mm IN & EX SS valves P&P, Innovate Wideband O2 Sensor, Progressive 465 w/ RAP, ThermoBob
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Update: I received my LV underbelly exhaust within a week from Italy. Super fast shipping. I paid $530 total on Ebay from a company called Genial Motors in Italy. The box was perfect no damage and all the parts were packaged very well. Super high-quality exhaust IMO. The install diagram is small but after studying for two minutes I was ready to go. Note: IMO this is not a one-person job. My son helped me. Total time was two hours. Yes that is a long time but there is a reason. To get the stock exhaust off you have to remove the side covers where the foot pegs attach. Not hard at all just take your time. You will definitely want a spring tool to help install the six springs that connect all the pieces. Note: MY exhaust came with the correct O2 plug to re-install the stock sensor so I didn't need to order anything else. I tried the new LV with the baffle disc in and the baffle disc out, and prefer it without the disc. Very nice deep rumble. This exhaust looks super nice on the Versys especially on the LT model with bags. It is also about ten pounds lighter than the stock exhaust. I would highly recommend the LV exhaust even at $530.00
Gigitt likes this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 08:42 PM

Solid deal, and good to hear they provided the correct O2 fitting. I got mine second hand so I guess that part was lost in translation.

Dont forget to re-torque the header bolts at the exhaust port after few heat cycles

2016 Versys 650LT - Madstad, T-Bob, LeoVince, SeatConcepts, HyperPro CSC Damper, Shoodabeen Flashed
2003 KLR 685 - +1mm IN & EX SS valves P&P, Innovate Wideband O2 Sensor, Progressive 465 w/ RAP, ThermoBob
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Update: Have had the Leo Vince now for three weeks and LOVE it. Would highly recommend even for the $500 price. Sounds good and looks good.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 03:26 PM

Garage
Any pics?

2010 Aprilia Shiver 750 "Ruthy"
2018 Kawasaki Versys 650LT ABS "Lucy"
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Here you some pics. I also installed a rear tire hugger this morning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0462.JPG (58.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0461.JPG (41.5 KB, 52 views)
otto_versys_blotto likes this.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 07:59 AM

Great deal! I've been eyeing that exhaust, but normally-cheapest Revzilla has it listed at $886 USD. I've had good luck ordering Italian stuff like Givi directly from Italy, so that may be the way I go. This has probably been answered in another threat, but is anyone running one of the aftermarket center stands with this LV system?

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 09:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
Great deal! I've been eyeing that exhaust, but normally-cheapest Revzilla has it listed at $886 USD. I've had good luck ordering Italian stuff like Givi directly from Italy, so that may be the way I go. This has probably been answered in another threat, but is anyone running one of the aftermarket center stands with this LV system?
Same! I have the SW Motech center stand and would like either a slip on or full exhaust but unsure if it will fit

2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 10:55 AM

I bought one from Ebay some weeks ago.
Fits like a glove and was shipped pretty fast.
https://www.ebay.nl/itm/KAWASAKI-ER6...72.m2749.l2649
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 09:12 AM

Thumbs up from a fellow happy LeoVince exhaust owner. It really is the best OEM+ style exhaust and sounds great.

Could you post some pics of the header portion of the exhaust?

I tried an unconventional route with mine. Instead of buying the full system, I bought the LeoVince 8242 under-body slip-on for the pre-2015 models and a used OEM header from a 2014 Versys 650. This ended up being a bit cheaper than buying a full system back in 2017, and it kept the look of the stock header. Everything fit well except at the exhaust ports on the head. Kawasaki changed the design a bit there. I wouldn't recommend this method given the pricing on the full system.

2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT [Candy Lime Green]
2003 Yamaha XT225
2006 Yamaha TW200
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green2015 View Post
...I tried an unconventional route with mine. Instead of buying the full system, I bought the LeoVince 8242 under-body slip-on for the pre-2015 models and a used OEM header from a 2014 Versys 650. This ended up being a bit cheaper than buying a full system back in 2017, and it kept the look of the stock header. Everything fit well except at the exhaust ports on the head. Kawasaki changed the design a bit there. I wouldn't recommend this method given the pricing on the full system.
Have you thought about cutting your OEM header at the appropriate spot, then setting it up to attach the LV slip-on?
Duffy likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 06:03 PM

Garage
Just installed the full Leo Vince 2/1 exhaust today, love the sound, and only $530 from Italy.

Doug Just Doug likes this.

A Degree and a DD-214.

Last edited by Nonsequitur; 02-17-2019 at 08:43 PM.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Have you thought about cutting your OEM header at the appropriate spot, then setting it up to attach the LV slip-on?
The pre-2015 header doesn't seem to be leaking at the head, so I haven't bothered with it.

2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT [Candy Lime Green]
2003 Yamaha XT225
2006 Yamaha TW200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode