delkevic 13" tri-oval - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ThunderBlue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

delkevic 13" tri-oval

anyone have this exhaust on their 650? i have one on the way and will be here Wednesday, but wanted to hear thought on it from people that have it on their bike. sound slips would be awesome too! i saw one or two on youtube. this was the only one that had clear sound, and it sounds exactly like what i want.

mrvwbug likes this.

Thunder Blue 2013 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 08:39 PM

No experience with that one, but I have a two brothers on my bike. Sounds even better than that one, but it is LOUD. As the Kawi 650 family has no cat box but a short exhaust length overall even slip ons tend to be quite loud.

Here is my bike for comparison. It really is something special when you get it into a canyon and that sucker resonates off the canyon walls, also fun in tunnels.

Last edited by mrvwbug; 08-26-2018 at 08:42 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

got the new muffler on tonight. the exhaust donut that comes with the new muffler is too small for the stock header. it just kind of exploded when i tried to put it on. i'll have to order a new one from kawi. currently, its just high temp sealant on the end of the header, no leaks though.

this exhaust is a fair bit louder than i was expecting it to be! i already ordered the longer baffle to make it quieter.

if that doesnt get it at a reasonable level, i'll probably just sell it and put the stock back on.

Thunder Blue 2013 Versys

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 10:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderBlue View Post
got the new muffler on tonight. the exhaust donut that comes with the new muffler is too small for the stock header. it just kind of exploded when i tried to put it on. i'll have to order a new one from kawi. currently, its just high temp sealant on the end of the header, no leaks though.

this exhaust is a fair bit louder than i was expecting it to be! i already ordered the longer baffle to make it quieter.

if that doesnt get it at a reasonable level, i'll probably just sell it and put the stock back on.
Got a sound clip?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

I'll get one tonight when i get home. On the ride into work this morning, it was fairly quiet at cruising speed, so it might be good with the longer baffle. Its just in the city where its a bit loud.

For some reason, delkevic sent me a refund for the baffle without an explanation as to why, and i dont know if they cancelled the order or not, since it still says awaiting fulfillment.

Edit: they now show its refunded on the order, so i have no idea why they dont want to send it to me.

Thunder Blue 2013 Versys

Last edited by ThunderBlue; 08-30-2018 at 05:04 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

when i got home tonight, i had a message on my answering machine from delkevic saying that the longer baffle wont work with the 13" tri-oval. they said they will look at making a quieter baffle for the 13" though, which is awesome!

i tried getting a sound clip with my phone, but they came out terrible. the microphone in my phone cant handle it.

Thunder Blue 2013 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode