I bet you other cityfolk can relate... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I bet you other cityfolk can relate...

I came out this morning to find my V parked upon. To a ridiculous extent. I left this note on their windshield, and thought you guys might like. Also- Possibly the first Versys on Imgur?

http://imgur.com/gallery/0KHap

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
You were very nice..Can't swear i wouldn't have climbed on the car all 280lbs of me to get on my bike..

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
You were very nice..Can't swear i wouldn't have climbed on the car all 280lbs of me to get on my bike..
Totally one of the many gnarly reactions that ran through my head! Oh also
back, dude.

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 05:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat12 View Post
Totally one of the many gnarly reactions that ran through my head! Oh also
back, dude.

Thanks, Good to be back.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Indeed, but next time he parked in the same area, I feel quite sure the bike would be in its side. However, if you were to not be in the area again, I would be sure to leave a few boot marks and dimples in the hood!
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 07:16 PM

Garage
Nicley played on your part. The temptation to play carbon-fibre knuckle drums all over his hood may have been too much for me.

Always trust your cape.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 07:58 PM
MTS

You know this brings up a good point! What is the law if any about parking that close? I really don't know?

So if you had time you could call the cops and he could have got a ticket or maybe not?

Also what is the law on parking your bike at an angle? I know sometimes you cann't because of the slope at the curb.

You handled that with alot of class!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 08:13 PM

Garage
In cali if theres a curb one wheel of the bike is suspose to be touching it. I always park my bike at an angle so noboby can park right up on me. This photo below is the slightest angle i use.

IMG_1583 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 08:59 PM
MTS

That a good idea!

I need to check what the law is out here. I should know!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 09:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
That a good idea!

Hell i just figuired it out awhile back. I always park the bike just like i park my car. Then noticed how the bikes were parked like in the the photo posted earlier.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
In cali if theres a curb one wheel of the bike is suspose to be touching it. I always park my bike at an angle so noboby can park right up on me. This photo below is the slightest angle i use.

IMG_1583 by weljo2001, on Flickr
+1 and like you said, that would be the slightest angle I would use too.

Quote:
You know this brings up a good point! What is the law if any about parking that close? I really don't know?

So if you had time you could call the cops and he could have got a ticket or maybe not?

Also what is the law on parking your bike at an angle? I know sometimes you can't because of the slope at the curb.
I wonder what the law has to say about that kind of parking too. Geez, you could barely get your leg and foot in there EVEN IF you did mount from the right. And, what kind of asshat parks that close to ANY VEHICLE anyway? Especially when they had 4 feet behind them.... Maybe this was just one of those "motorcycle haters." You know, the same bitter people that hate to see anyone having fun and enjoying themselves...sad but true....

As far as the slope of the curb, that really isn't a problem either...I just make sure the kickstand is on the down slope side...sometimes that means head in, sometimes that means back in. Some people don't like to go head in because they don't like to have to back the bike out before taking off, but, personally, I don't mind that.

Ride to live, live to ride.
2009 Kawasaki Versys
2010 Yamaha YZ 250F
2008 Honda CRF 450
2006 Honda CR 250R
I've owned a Maico.
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
What is the law if any about parking that close? I really don't know?

I'm not sure what the law is either, but I'm positive you'd have a really hard time getting a cop to show up to issue a parking citation and an even harder time proving he parked there after you and not the other way around.
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
I came out this morning to find my V parked upon. To a ridiculous extent. I left this note on their windshield, and thought you guys might like. Also- Possibly the first Versys on Imgur?

Well done! No doubt giving the car a boot would have been one of my thoughts too, but you took the high road.

Reminds me of a thing I read a while back about an uncooperative neighbor. It's pretty damn funny! See link below.

http://www.27bslash6.com/halogen.html

Mark Jags
[[/FONT]

09 Blue V
03 H-D Sportster - 50K miles and counting...
08 Bonneville - wife's bike

post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 11:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
That a good idea!

I forgot what state your in but this will cover it... http://www.dmv.org/motorcycle-manual.php

Montana DMV: Parking at the Roadside
If parking in a parallel parking space
next to a curb, position the motorcycle
at an angle with the rear wheel to the
curb. (Note: Some cities have ordinances
that require motorcycles to park parallel
to the curb.)

N.Dakota DMV: Parking at the Roadside
If parking in a parallel parking space
next to a curb, position the motorcycle
at an angle with the rear wheel to the
curb. (Note: Some cities have ordinances
that require motorcycles to park parallel
to the curb.)

S.Dakota DMV: Park with wheel touching the curb at a 90 degree angle.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 11:59 PM

Garage
Quote:

I bet it would have had a bigger impact if you had glued it to the windshield..

0KHap by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

I'm in NYC, and the law here is similar. One wheel touching the curb. If I have room for it I tend to use an angle similar to Weljo's- but this instance didn't allow for it. A groundwork 'seam' of raised macadam means straight ahead is the only direction that let it have any lean to it, and we had ourselves some 40mph winds last few days etc etc. I actually just happened to look out just before- this is my favorite spot across from my house where I can see and hear her- and got to watch dip**** read his note and speed off (I'd since moved my bike). I rather enjoyed that.

post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 12:33 AM
MTS

Yup, thats right Weljo! I'm in MT and WY. Back and forth!

But I know what you mean Goat! I've had those messed up slopes before too.

One time I got a hundred dollar ticket for parking between two handy cap spots, and I locked my bike to a pole. I never took a spot at all. So I took a photo of it and the cop came by that gave me the ticket. I told him there was no place to lock up anything around here!

He said you know you are right and he had my sign something and I never got the ticket. But I never parked there again! LOL

Sometimes I lock my bike down with a camper lock!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 12-28-2012 at 12:37 AM.
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 12:38 AM

You have much more control than I do. I guess that's why I live in the country.
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr74 View Post
Growing up mostly here in NYC one is presented with PLENTY of opportunities to flip out (even with good cause) that are better left alone. There are a lot of whackos around when you cram a few million people on a tiny island, as you might imagine. Could I have been more of a dick? Sure. Would it have helped anything? Probably not. And maybe I would've come out to unprovable slashed tires. So it's kind of a risk/reward scenario for me. In stressful environment I've become accustomed to, I try to take easy...

post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr74 View Post
Me to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode