• 8 Post By Jibs
  • 1 Post By JimK
  • 2 Post By Jibs
  • 1 Post By jaaklucas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
My video review after 4 years of riding.

I wonder if you agree with me

Kawasaki Versys 650 + Kawasaki KX-125

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Jibs - great video!!! You did very well with your English.

You are obviously very good with a camera! Also, you've taken your Versys WAYYY "Off-Road!

Nicely done.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 10:26 AM

Jibs, Thank you for that excellent video. I definitely learned something.
I have a tendency to keep the RPMs higher and forget that the Versys engine is just fine at lower rpms. I suspected I could ride at lower rpms but you confirmed it for me. And thanks for the information on that engine guard. I have never understood why manufacturers do not make guards to protect the lower controls.

I will definitely watch your video over again to find more information that I didn't get the first time.

Very well done, Sir. Thank you.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Arrow Stuck Thread

Hasn't been on since the posting, looks like I stuck it for a reason then forgot about it.This post will remind me
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 06:52 PM

Garage
Good Job Jibs ! I noticed right off you put foam covers on your clutch and brake levers . I did that too and also foam covers on hand grips. I recommend that to anyone they make for a needed thicker grip with better feel.
quexpress likes this.

[B]Once you go PACK you never go back
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
This video definitely confirms that I bought the right bike. I need an urban assault vehicle for my commute. Our roads are constantly under construction. Plus, there are potholes and sometimes debris on the roads as well. Then there are speed bumps and speed humps. I blew two sets of fork seals on my last street bike. Looks like the Versys will handle these challenges much better.

BTW, your English is great.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Hasn't been on since the posting, looks like I stuck it for a reason then forgot about it.This post will remind me
thank you for sending me an e-mail I was sure there is a notification about new posts in this topic.
I didn't receive anything so I thought it wasn't interesting and no one commented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK View Post
Good Job Jibs ! I noticed right off you put foam covers on your clutch and brake levers . I did that too and also foam covers on hand grips. I recommend that to anyone they make for a needed thicker grip with better feel.
The reason I bought them was freezing fingers. I used to ride when it was -2 degrees Celsius and iron levers freeze fingers immediately.
onewizard and 16VGTIDave like this.

Kawasaki Versys 650 + Kawasaki KX-125

Last edited by Jibs; 01-22-2019 at 08:59 AM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

How To Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibs View Post
thank you for sending me an e-mail I was sure there is a notification about new posts in this topic.
I didn't receive anything so I thought it wasn't interesting and no one commented.
I thought it good enough to start a thread in the How To Forum https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...50-versys.html
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 01:56 PM

Really good introductory video about the 650. Kawi should take a look at this, good, honest evaluation over a few years. Of course as we go along, we all do our own mods to tailor our bike to our personal style. Versatile system it is. And good explanation of the differences in performance between a twin and a four cylinder, why some of us prefer twins. Well done Jibs!
onewizard likes this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Fair review, but unless Moscow has provisionning issues with tires, you are not correct with the availability of tire.
Example:
rear: 170/50 or 170/60 for anakee wild, shinko 805 or even the karoo 3. You can forget the slippery k60.
front: tkc80 120/70.

There was a great thread about all the possible fitting of tires for v650, can`t find it...

Last edited by dddd; 01-24-2019 at 05:28 PM.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Excellent Video / Possible Mistakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
definitly wrong with tires.
rear: 170/50 or 170/60 for anakee wild, shinko 805 or even the karoo 3. Forget the slippery k60.
front: tkc80 120/70.
I thought overall the video was excellent, I didn't take the time to review each minute this time around, as a mod on this forum, I would think the overall view would be positive and further discussion on these tires would be also helpful. I have PR 5 installed and waiting for the ice to melt to break them in, don't do any off-road , hard packed gravel is my limit. This is the discussion thread which I clarified in the How To Forum.Your post needs more information added to be of benefit to others reading this thread.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 04:22 PM

probably the best Versys 650 review I've watched so far. well done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in