Kawasaki year end deals..... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
rlj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Kawasaki year end deals.....

I haven't paid attention in recent years as the last new motorcycle I bought was an 09 KLX 250 on New Years Eve 09, but what type of deals should we expect to see on 2012 models at the end of this year or early 2013?

Last edited by rlj; 12-22-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Keep an eye on Kawasaki's website. I have gotten my best deals in May on new bikes, and October on used bikes from the northern states.

Watch Cycletrader, Ebay, and Craigslist as well.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 10:54 PM

I got tired of waiting for the factory deal, but I just got a 2012 for $6999 + $285 (DMV fees) the salesmen that did the paperwork said that they were into the bike for $7040. I asked how they could sell the bike for less than they paid for it. He said they were only gonna get $150-$200 on a factory "holdback", whatever that is. I had told the sales manager(the guy I made the deal with) that I wouldn't mind waiting for a factory rebate, that way they (the local dealer) could get more money and I could pay less. He didn't know whether or not there was gonna be any kind of upcoming rebate, hence the deal.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 11:21 PM
MTS

So $7,284.00 USA Funds OTD is pretty good!

As far as the KLX 250's the dealers around don't have any at all!

I do know of an 09 KLX 250 with 600 miles for $3,600.00 private party and have been dying because the new honda FI 250 dual is $4,600.00 and I'm just dragging my feet.!

$1000.00 more for FI!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
...have been dying because the new honda FI 250 dual is $4,600.00 and I'm just dragging my feet.!

$1000.00 more for FI!
Southern Honda has been offering the CRF250L for $3997 (NO fees). You pay DMV taxes & title when you return home. I have a trailer and have been tempted to make the 5 hour drive.

Last edited by Capn Kirk; 12-22-2012 at 08:41 AM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 08:59 AM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
Southern Honda has been offering the CRF250L for $3997 (NO fees). You pay DMV taxes & title when you return home. I have a trailer and have been tempted to make the 5 hour drive.
Boy! I quess you have been tempted. That is a great deal! They are so popular up here there is a waiting list which I dislike.

Also no new klx's. Its one messed up market here. Thats way far for me to go and would cost me more at trips end.

Thanks for info Capn. I might just wait it out.

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 01:41 PM
NYG

but what type of deals should we expect to see on 2012 models at the end of this year or early 2113?

I would imagine a new condition Versys will be worth quite a bit in early 2113. Either that or it'll a combustion-engined paper weight. Sorry, couldn't resist. Good luck.

Mike
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
My local HD dealer took a '09 KLX250SF with 1400 miles in trade. They sold it for $2600. I went and looked at it for a friend of mine. He didn't jump and lost out on it. I should have bought it myself.

I like the FI on the new Honda. How is the suspension? Is it as good as the KLX250?

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
but what type of deals should we expect to see on 2012 models at the end of this year or early 2113?
I bought my brand new 2011 Versys in early October 2011 for $7125 OTD - tax, tag, title, everything... From a dealer in Cocoa, FL. I saw their ad on cycletrader.com only saying "mention this ad and we'll take $300 off our bottom line price."

I did my best computations on where to start the "negotiation" and sent an email offering $7125 - OTD. I received a reply within minutes accepting my offer... It was then I thought that maybe an even lower starting point might have been better.

I did have to make an 700 mile round trip to pick it up...but that was no big deal for what it was getting me.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72

Last edited by genehil; 12-23-2012 at 10:42 AM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 10:00 PM

There are a couple of dealers in the Atlanta area that have new 2012's starting at $6,900 not including T,T&T. Most likely they would take less OTD. The dealer in Cocoa has an 2011 as well. another dealer in VA has a 2011 on the floor and in the crate for $6,300.

After looking around I bought a low miles used so I didn't have to pay sales tax to Fulton County GA on a private sale.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 10:02 PM
MTS

Costco members should have a discount at Kawi, but not out here! They just said no discount!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post

I would imagine a new condition Versys will be worth quite a bit in early 2113. Either that or it'll a combustion-engined paper weight. Sorry, couldn't resist. Good luck.

Mike
I got a dealer incentive $100 knocked off my [dealer demo] new 2011 Versys [128 mi.]. Total, taxes & all was $7,396.14 cash. Bought it about 3 weeks ago. The dealer installed a battery tender charging adapter to my Versys battery. Bike was about $6,500, then dealer incentive of $100 was factored in, & total I ended up paying was #7,396.14 They did charge me for a full tank of gas and the battery tender plug. I think that was a pretty good deal, right?

What are the main differences between the pre 2010 Versyses & the 2010 & up Versyses, rubber mounted/attached noise dampeners, headlight, & ___?

Allen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode