• 1 Post By GreenRubi
  • 4 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By gmctech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Stebel Mini Air Horn

I am about to pull the trigger on the Stebel horn upgrade. Do I need to purchase a relay with this as well? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Amazon Link --> Stebel Mini Air Horn

2009 Versys 650
A few odds and ends

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 10:29 AM

I know the eBay version of this I installed on my bike 100% required a battery fed relay (my horn came with the relay) because the factory wiring to the horn could not provide enough current to run it properly... I'd suggest getting the relay kit for sure...
GreenRubi likes this.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin, US comedian and actor (1937 - 2008)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmctech View Post
I know the eBay version of this I installed on my bike 100% required a battery fed relay (my horn came with the relay) because the factory wiring to the horn could not provide enough current to run it properly... I'd suggest getting the relay kit for sure...
Yeah, that is what I figured. Thanks for the verification!

2009 Versys 650
A few odds and ends

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRubi View Post
I am about to pull the trigger on the Stebel horn upgrade. Do I need to purchase a relay with this as well? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I always got this for my Stebel install with my last 3 bikes....Makes install a breeze...https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Plu...RGHRV5YZXSSNJN
onewizard and GreenRubi like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
horn/relay

Quote:

When I clicked on the link I'd swear that the red gizmo in the packaging was the needed relay
GreenRubi likes this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 11:29 AM

Garage
Q and A on the listing says that it comes with a relay, but no harness.
GreenRubi likes this.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
i picked one up a few years ago to put on my Ninja 1000.

Ended up installing it on my GMC truck.

Great horn. Definitely gets folks attention.
GreenRubi likes this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 03:09 AM

Go for it - don't hesitate pulling the trigger! Best horn upgrade ever!
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ml#post1546202
GreenRubi likes this.

Anders B.
Sweden
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post
When I clicked on the link I'd swear that the red gizmo in the packaging was the needed relay
Lol, Yup I just noticed that as well! Thanks

2009 Versys 650
A few odds and ends

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ordered!

Thanks for all of the help, once again! I just ordered the horn and the wiring harness as it comes with the relay. I'll post up once I get it installed!!
weljo2001 likes this.

2009 Versys 650
A few odds and ends

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks for all of the help, once again! I just ordered the horn and the wiring harness as it comes with the relay. I'll post up once I get it installed!!
Just DON'T test it in your garage when you're finished UNLESS wearing hearing protection...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Just DON'T test it in your garage when you're finished UNLESS wearing hearing protection...!
Haha, now that is solid advice! The horn just arrived today, but the harness is delayed until tomorrow.

2009 Versys 650
A few odds and ends

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 07:58 AM

you'll love this horn.... a dingleberry cut me (and other traffic) off last summer in his Duramax and when I gave him the business end of the air horn i think he thought there was a Kenworth coming for him as he painiced and drove up over the curb to get off the road and stopped... the look on his face when what came by was my Versys and I sporting him the middle finger and me laughing was priceless....
16VGTIDave likes this.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin, US comedian and actor (1937 - 2008)

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 10:14 AM

I bought mine on Ebay from Netherlands and it came with relay, wiring and black plastic laces...fantastic upgrade, there's no way that someone couldn't hear it
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmctech View Post
you'll love this horn.... a dingleberry cut me (and other traffic) off last summer in his Duramax and when I gave him the business end of the air horn i think he thought there was a Kenworth coming for him....
Over the years I've had several vehicles that were coming into my lane ALMOST roll their cars at the sound of a KENWORTH/ PETERBILT right beside them, as they pulled back into their own lanes in a panic!!!

-

FWIW - the horn BLAST is ALL I give them - MANY idiots like that are "packing"....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 07:10 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Over the years I've had several vehicles that were coming into my lane ALMOST roll their cars at the sound of a KENWORTH/ PETERBILT right beside them, as they pulled back into their own lanes in a panic!!!

-

FWIW - the horn BLAST is ALL I give them - MANY idiots like that are "packing"....

I love it when horn Justice gets its criminal! unfortunately up here in Canuckistan we aren't afforded the basic right to carry protection (I'm a huge advocate for concealed carry).... At most you'll get the finger back or the offender will go to the closest Tim Hortons (RCMP DETACHMENT) to fill out a hurt feelings report...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode