• 1 Post By Gatorfan
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By twowheels
  • 2 Post By pspocker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sissy Bar

Finally got through the advanced security clearance required to ask a question about a motorcycle. Just a quick couple of hours, fingerprinting and an interview with homeland security (pending). So here is my Q:

My girlfriend is the worst passenger ever. Is there a sissy bar available for the '14 Versys ABS? I'm afraid she will go flying off the back. Actually, after an hour or so of her not doing what I ask her to do (like please hold on when I'm pulling away from a light) I'm half temped to punch the throttle.

Yea, I did a search, not much info out there, all of it dated.
onewizard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 11:33 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Just put a top case on the bike...My girl won't ride without one on. It makes her feel secure...

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr
onewizard likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 07:20 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Another vote for a top box. Lot's of choices from Givi and Shad plus you get lockable storage space for commuting.

Givi Monolock are made of a harder plastic and have a nicer finish and more expensive look but are slightly more pricey, Givi Monokey and Shad are more value oriented and are made of softer, more flexible ABS plastic. I have the Monolock Givi B33 which is a good size for the 650 as it does not overwhelm the rear of the bike as some bigger top boxes do but is still big enough to hold a large FF helmet or 2 bags of groceries. They clip on and off the rear rack with the locking key so they cannot be removed by a passer by. You also require the purchase of a rear rack (Givi or SW-Motech) and an attachment plate specific to your top box type. Attachment plates are either Givi MonoKey, Givi MonoLock or Shad and are sold separately.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg givi_E130_backrest_L.jpg (27.2 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg 85910099.jpg (21.0 KB, 72 views)
onewizard likes this.

Last edited by twowheels; 05-27-2018 at 07:31 AM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
IF you'd prefer the sissy-bar, I'm sure ANY good welding shop could cobble something up for fairly cheap. Then "rattle-can" it black.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I made one out of a tall backrest (off a 1500 Vulcan Classic). Sold it to some gent here on the site when I got a top case, maybe he'll post a pic of it.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 05:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Top case , back rest and storage
onewizard and weljo2001 like this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
After several attempts on my life I banished my wife from the pillion position.
She will not be allowed back on until she takes a motorcycle safety course and gets her license.
I'm hoping that if she learns to ride she will be a better passenger (worked for my daughters).

Another vote for the tail trunk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode