Took her for a 6 AM Morning Ride. Did I Say I LOVE this bike yet? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 12Likes
  • 5 Post By Maher
  • 2 Post By hawkerjet
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 4 Post By Jay_Chicago

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Took her for a 6 AM Morning Ride. Did I Say I LOVE this bike yet?

I live away from the city and close to the country side. I love riding early in the morning. The air is so crisp and clean.
This bike (my 1st bike), makes my soul smile the moment I start rolling. Simply amazing!

2017 650 Titanium LT. 3 weeks of ownership and counting

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 09:29 AM

Lots to love about the V-650.

I often refer to mine as my smile cycle cuz it not only makes me smile but giggle as well.

Yea arm stretching liter bikes are exciting and big V-twins like the KTM adventure and Super Duke R definitely raise your pulse, but when it all comes down to bang for the buck and the good o'l pure enjoyment of riding, it's really hard to beat the little Versys.

Plus it's real easy on the pocket book for us "retired" folks.
onewizard and unstable_rider like this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maher View Post
...This bike (my 1st bike), makes my soul smile the moment I start rolling. Simply amazing!...
You 'bout captured the experience....

Maher likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 02:56 PM

"Four wheels to move the body, two wheels to move the soul."
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Chicago View Post
"Four wheels to move the body, two wheels to move the soul."
Absolutely!

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 09:37 AM

What a gorgeous bike. I know this, because I just picked up the exact same bike. May I ask which top case mounting plate you have? I'm transferring my Givi Maxia 52L to this bike. I know I need a mounting rack, and I'm pretty sure I can use the universal plate I currently have, but if I can get verification, I'll be able to order them together.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 10:16 AM

Garage
I`ve got the same bike color and all. I did a seat mod to flatten out the area under the buns. Also a 7/8" bar riser and a Puig windscreen. As I`ve put around 1100 miles on it now I`m liking it more. Have fun and stay safe.

[B]Once you go PACK you never go back
]
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
Lots to love about the V-650.

I often refer to mine as my smile cycle cuz it not only makes me smile but giggle as well.

Yea arm stretching liter bikes are exciting and big V-twins like the KTM adventure and Super Duke R definitely raise your pulse, but when it all comes down to bang for the buck and the good o'l pure enjoyment of riding, it's really hard to beat the little Versys.

Plus it's real easy on the pocket book for us "retired" folks.
The Versys is a joy on a twisty canyon road, though I'll admit a bit more power would be nice. Not literbike power, but maybe around 100-120hp (a 100hp twin in a V650 would be an amazing combo). Of course Kawasaki has the V1k for that, though it is a LOT bigger than the 650. Probably why I'm eyeing the Tracer 900, it is closer in size to a V650 (maybe a little bigger), but has an absolute gem of a motor with that 115hp triple.

I'm also in a situation where I have an opportunity to pick up a super low mile 2015 V650LT for around $6k or wait on the Tracer (Same dealer also has a leftover 2017 V1k but isn't taking much off the price yet).
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcyclist View Post
What a gorgeous bike. I know this, because I just picked up the exact same bike. May I ask which top case mounting plate you have? I'm transferring my Givi Maxia 52L to this bike. I know I need a mounting rack, and I'm pretty sure I can use the universal plate I currently have, but if I can get verification, I'll be able to order them together.
The mount and the top case I have are both Kawasaki OEM accessories. The top case is the 49L.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvwbug View Post
The Versys is a joy on a twisty canyon road, though I'll admit a bit more power would be nice. Not literbike power, but maybe around 100-120hp (a 100hp twin in a V650 would be an amazing combo). Of course Kawasaki has the V1k for that, though it is a LOT bigger than the 650. Probably why I'm eyeing the Tracer 900, it is closer in size to a V650 (maybe a little bigger), but has an absolute gem of a motor with that 115hp triple.
I had an FZ09 for 2 years and 24k miles. The little 3 cylinder 850 motor is smoking awesome.

I often think of what our V would be like with that power plant installed. Front wheel heading for the moon.

The only trouble with lots of torque and power is the rear tire burns down even quicker.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maher View Post
The mount and the top case I have are both Kawasaki OEM accessories. The top case is the 49L.
Thanks for the info. I opted out of the Kawasaki topcase, because...well...I have a wonderful topcase. Just need to get it on my Versys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode