650 Kawasaki at the IOM - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
650 Kawasaki at the IOM

Check out this cool video of the TT. Awesome beginning. Then watch at 11:44 (and a few other times) and listen to the incredible sound of the ER6N racers that have entered this year. I believe this is Ryan Farquar racing the Tangerine Kawis? They are getting about 90 HP from the 650 twin.
http://youtu.be/X9-oUL8aHbk

Last edited by blipco; 10-25-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 02:13 AM

Iom

Your thread bring back happy memories for me.I go to the TT every year and am lucky to have a friend who is Manx resident and race Marshall.
He has many friends who are farmers and always finds us a great place to watch from.
The sight and sound of the super twins passing by flat stick about 3 feet away was awesome.I did not own my V at the time but I am SURE the memory stuck in my subconscious and was part of my reason for buying the V,no illusions of being a racer,3 of Ryan Farquar prepared bikes filled the podium,he was riding one but was considering retiring to prepare race bikes only.This decision was prematurely forced on him when sadly his uncle was killed in another race after the TT.
I remember reading somewhere one of the race bikes was prepared with an engine from a crashed Versys !!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 11:45 AM

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for backing me up. I wasn't sure when I first heard it but it caught my ear. I hope soon to go there. I may start off small with the NW200.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 07:28 PM

That's pretty cool.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipco View Post
Thanks for backing me up. I wasn't sure when I first heard it but it caught my ear. I hope soon to go there. I may start off small with the NW200.
If you get the chance my friend try the NW200,it was the first time I ever saw a road racing bike pass at 200mph,it was Michael Rutter,unbelievable!!
It is one of the few places you can still get real close to the action so do it as soon as you can before all the Health and Safety inspectors manage to sanitize still more one of the best racing memories of my life.!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode