Revzilla Service [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303] and Givi 4144ST Windscreen - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 16Likes
  • 8 Post By UTAHISRAD
  • 1 Post By Duffy
  • 1 Post By mentolio
  • 1 Post By Fly-Sig
  • 1 Post By GDP RIDER
  • 1 Post By hawkerjet
  • 1 Post By Kyle E
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By onewizard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Revzilla Service and Givi 4144ST Windscreen

So Thursday I realize my tax refund showed up and I decided to order a new Givi windscreen. I default to amazon hoping for next day shipping. It shows prime next day for $6.99 extra. Add to cart but it wonít allow next day and std prime is next Wednesday. This is lunch Thursday Revzilla is cheaper so I decide to get it there and since I had $5 in zilla cash it was only $112 and free shipping. I order at 12:00 eastern. Get confirmation about midnight that it shipped. Guess what. Itís at my house by 12pm Friday. Shipped out of a whse here in slc fri am and its here but lunch!
Wow! I had it on my bike by 4:15!

So Iím 5í9 32Ēinseam and the screen is plenty tall. All the way up is awesome for highway rides. All the way down is better than stock all the way up!
Overall far less buffeting in either position. Love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 10:54 PM

I'm about the same size and I have the same shield and the same comments...........
UTAHISRAD likes this.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 06:12 AM

Garage
Yeah, revzilla service is kinda hard to beat! Congrats on your new windscreen, I'm glad it's working so well for you! I too recently replaced my stocker with aftermarket (National Cycle VStream for me), and it really is SOOOO much better than stock! I'm starting to think a ratty sheet of plywood would have been an improvement over stock...😄
UTAHISRAD likes this.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 04:01 PM

Garage
Why is this a "sticky?"

so it goes...
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

No clue..
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARIAH View Post
Why is this a "sticky?"
Revzilla ad?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 08:29 AM

Yeah, I've been shocked a bunch of times when a Revzilla order arrives the next day here in SLC. I prefer to do business with local brick/mortar mom & pop stores whenever possible, but Revzilla gets a lot of my motorcycle money.
UTAHISRAD likes this.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 07:21 AM

I have the same windscreen and love it. From November to May. Then it gets replaced by the stock windscreen. Yes, it reduces the buffeting to nil and is very quiet, but it's too hot in Texas in the warm months to use bigger windscreen. It gets hot behind that thing!
UTAHISRAD likes this.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 08:09 AM

Revzilla is not always the cheapest but does provide good service. They are also great about returns as I have returned a couple of items over the years.

Wow that is one big screen.

Would imagine it pushes quite a bit of air. Can you still get north of 100 mph with it installed?

I have the MRA touring screen. It's about half that size and I top out around 110. It's like I hit a wall of air and the little V says, "Alright buddy this is all I got. You want faster??? then get a bigger bike cuz I'm about to pop out a hemorrhoid."
UTAHISRAD likes this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
Revzilla is not always the cheapest but does provide good service. They are also great about returns as I have returned a couple of items over the years.

Would imagine it pushes quite a bit of air. Can you still get north of 100 mph with it installed?

I have the MRA touring screen. It's about half that size and I top out around 110. It's like I hit a wall of air and the little V says, "Alright buddy this is all I got. You want faster??? then get a bigger bike cuz I'm about to pop out a hemorrhoid."

Havenít gotten above 85 yet. But will find out one day! :-). I use it at lower height settings and itís perfect.
I can understand need to put factory on for heat. I rode here one day last week after work and was a bit warm wearing a jacket. But the wind protection is so nice.... my last motorcycle was 2003-2005 and I didnít ďloveĒ it. One of the issues was it didnít have any windscreen and I was never comfortable on it. Iíve wished for years that I would have put a screen on it. Now I know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 09:34 AM

Revzilla is pretty amazing.
I bought a LS2 OHM helm, one of the cheek pads kept popping off (wings on the tabs that held it in squished) LS2 told me to pound sand, and wouldn't even sell me a set.
So I called Revzilla not only did they give them to me for free (was happy to buy but they didn't have a part number) they shipped it next day air to make sure I would have them for my trip.

That move will make me a customer for life. Knowing even if the maker of the product wont stand up Rev has your back.
UTAHISRAD likes this.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-Sig View Post
Yeah, I've been shocked a bunch of times when a Revzilla order arrives the next day here in SLC. I prefer to do business with local brick/mortar mom & pop stores whenever possible, but Revzilla gets a lot of my motorcycle money.
Revzilla has a warehouse in Henderson, Nevada. That is how you're getting next day service to SLC. I usually get my RevZilla orders in 2 days in Wyoming. I absolutely love their service, the only time Amazon is comprable is if it can get Prime shipping.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't even want to ride 100+ on a V 650 for any extended period, while it is fairly stable at those speeds, the bike does seem quite stressed at 100+
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvwbug View Post
I wouldn't even want to ride 100+ on a V 650 for any extended period, while it is fairly stable at those speeds, the bike does seem quite stressed at 100+
Agreed. I rarely get north of 80 most of the time.

The bike is in it's zone from 30 to 80 which is where I mostly ride.

Every now and then on a long deserted strait road I will pin it and wind my watch for a minute or two then check the clock. The biggest number I have ever seen was 111, but only for a couple of seconds then back to more reasonably speeds.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTAHISRAD View Post
...I rode here one day last week after work and was a bit warm wearing a jacket. But the wind protection is so nice....
I TOO put my smaller screens ON when it gets hot, AND remove the plastic "covers" from my handguards to get more cooling-air across my hands.
GDP RIDER likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Agreed. I rarely get north of 80 most of the time.

The bike is in it's zone from 30 to 80 which is where I mostly ride.

Every now and then on a long deserted strait road I will pin it and wind my watch for a minute or two then check the clock. The biggest number I have ever seen was 111, but only for a couple of seconds then back to more reasonably speeds.
Same here.

It is a huge screen but I don't need earplugs any more. Very happy about that. Givi warns against speeds >80mph with this screen. I've never been above 90mph with it and I wouldn't want to do higher than that given the fluttering about.

Mileage also dropped to about 50mpg (I avg about ~75-77 indicated).
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARIAH View Post
Why is this a "sticky?"
Was stuck to copy to How To, now unstuck!! 100's of windshield threads.
Fastoman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode