Natchez Trace Run On the Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Natchez Trace Run On the Versys

I did about 1500 miles on the V this last weekend, I ran the Natchez Trace spanning 3 states, Averaged about 51 MPG, carrying a total load of 294.8 pounds. Never even noticed the load on the bike, plenty of power and I was running with the big 1200cc and 1800cc. They could not believe how quick the V was...Have to Love It!!!!! But I have got to get me a better Tent...Any suggestion????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 121020_0018.jpg (84.0 KB, 71 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 03:06 PM

Awesome, that's on my 4-day-weekend list. I can do the whole round trip from here in 4 days.

For a tent, I use a REI Half Dome 2 and it has worked quite well for me. All my camping gear fits in my E52 topcase with plenty of room to spare.

I'd rather be riding.
2005 Triumph Speed Triple | 2009 Blue Versys
1997 Suzuki DR350SE (sold) | 2004 Triumph Speed Four (sold) | 2008 ZX6R (sold) | 2008 Concours 14 (sold) | 2007 Suzuki M50 (sold) | 2006 Ninja 500 (sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
The best fuel economy I ever saw was on the Natchez Trace. I was on the Voyager which is a perfect bike for that laid back road.

Did you pick up a T-shirt at the trading post in Natchez?

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 09:13 PM

Wow, that looks like a lot of stuff for a weekend! My tent is a 3 man thing and packs down to 700mm X 80mm (not sure what that is in inches). Its an old Wild Country Escape and weighs 4.13kg. Its a bit of a hand-me-down so I'm not sure how old it is or what it cost but it works great.

I'm about to take my 08 to Phillip Island for the Moto GP this weekend. Sydney - Phillip Island = 1050km. Down on Saturday, watch the race on Sunday, ride back on Monday. Bringing all my camping gear except cooking stuff so just tent/bed roll/sleeping bag/pillow/chair.

I'll take some pics of the green machine all packed and ready to go next week!

Hope you had a good time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode