Dumb @$$ Motorcyclist of the Week - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Dumb @$$ Motorcyclist of the Week

Thought you guys might appreciate this... While leaving a gas station today, I saw a guy on a GSXR pulling out of a parking lot. His idea of protective gear was a pair of sunglasses and a full length trench coat (I'm sure he looked awesome in motion).

Just as I was shaking my head at the accident waiting to happen, he revved his engine to beat hell and took off, immediately catching his coat in the rear sprocket , which dragged him off the bike. Luckily for him, it was very low speed and there was someone kind enough to rush over to cut his coat out of the chain. I nearly fell down from laughing so hard. Another casualty of fashion over function!

'89 yz 80
'96 cr 80
'99 kx 125
'09 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 03:28 PM

I love it when someone's stupidity immediately kicks them in the groin, as long as nobody is seriously hurt.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
No pictures and it didn't happen. LOL!

You do wonder if there is any logical reasoning with some people, but then again look at the state our nation is in. Stuff like that just doesn't surprise me anymore.

We need to pass a law where you have to pass a test to vote.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 06:05 PM

I just came back from Biketoberfest and I did not see anything to top that, but I did see a barefoot rider, sandal foot rider, one guy back his bike up into his buddy's Ultra and another run into a Metal Building trying to make a corner. Oh yea, way too many wheelie kings in the middle of heavy traffic.
Living in Florida, I usually enjoy going over and watching all the crazy stuff but things are getting out of control over the last few years.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 04:29 AM

Where I live,80% of the motorcyclist's gear are sunglasses,t-shirt,shorts and most of the time sandals,all of them drive gsxr/r1/ninja/cbr and all of them revving all the time
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 06:09 AM

I see stupid people every day but before I decide how stupid they are I try to find a logical reason for what they do.
The guy with the trenchcoat and glasses, my first thought was Halloween. While there's no excuse for riding in that contraption, maybe he did have a valid reason to be in that contraption, maybe he was on his way to a halloween party.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 06:37 AM

Was his name Neo ? Maybe Mr Smith was chasing him ?

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
I see stupid people every day but before I decide how stupid they are I try to find a logical reason for what they do.
The guy with the trenchcoat and glasses, my first thought was Halloween. While there's no excuse for riding in that contraption, maybe he did have a valid reason to be in that contraption, maybe he was on his way to a halloween party.
I think the reason was, because he's stupid.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 10:47 AM

It is admirable that you have faith in your fellow human being. However, putting the stupid coat in a bag and bungie cording it to the back would make more sense than risking death.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndhurstMatt View Post
It is admirable that you have faith in your fellow human being. However, putting the stupid coat in a bag and bungie cording it to the back would make more sense than risking death.
AGREED, but that works ONLY if you have an idea that wearing it would be hazardous....

There's a traffic camera "U-tube" out there where a guy on a cruiser, coming towards the camera, suddenly gets "spit" off it as his chaps got caught in the belt-drive.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 01:56 PM

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 04:39 PM

BRAVO for all the people that rushed to help him...you don't see that often
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 06:05 PM

Of course they are helping...notice how the hi way's blocked, The Hi way Patrol is going to have a fit!

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvlatko View Post
Where I live,80% of the motorcyclist's gear are sunglasses,t-shirt,shorts and most of the time sandals,all of them drive gsxr/r1/ninja/cbr and all of them revving all the time
Wow! Where do you live? Of the states I have ridden in thus far cruisers have outnumbered other bikes 50 to 1.

My Versys Travels:

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Wow! Where do you live? Of the states I have ridden in thus far cruisers have outnumbered other bikes 50 to 1.
In Macedonia...where you might not have enough money to eat but you will find some to buy a sportsbike and be a hotshot
And being a hotshot doesn't involve wearing a helmet cause that way no one would see who is the driver
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 09:41 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tig View Post
Engine seizing, or lock chain or something alike ...
Can't as simple as he didn't release the rear brake soon enough

LOP
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Stupid is supposed to hurt
The mass of stupid people do serve a noble purpose..they make me look almost sentient
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
AGREED, but that works ONLY if you have an idea that wearing it would be hazardous....

There's a traffic camera "U-tube" out there where a guy on a cruiser, coming towards the camera, suddenly gets "spit" off it as his chaps got caught in the belt-drive.
Fasteddie,
Not that it matters, but watching that video over a few times, it looks like maybe his rear tire blew just before he lost control.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Fasteddie,
Not that it matters, but watching that video over a few times, it looks like maybe his rear tire blew just before he lost control.
Could be - but when I first saw it, the claim was that his chaps got caught....

GLAD it wasn't ME!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode