New Shoes and chain. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jay_Chicago

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
New Shoes and chain.

I bought my 2011 6 months ago with 2,500 miles on it. Finally wore the back tire down to 1.8mm at 12,600 miles. My chain had a bad O ring so time for that as well.

Still cant believe I put that many miles on it in that short of a time. The Continental Conti-Motion tires last a long dang time. Still had plenty of time left on the front tire, but figured For a $170 a set mind as well do it all at once and have a spare in the garage with some life left on it.

BTW learned that the muffler is an approved jack point from the guy at the shop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mtc.jpg (83.1 KB, 49 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Whaaat? I'm jealous...you did more miles than I do in my car the entire year commuting to work and with the occasional weekend trips. You just became my role model.
That's a lot of miles for a tire indeed. Good to know.

PS: I'm always afraid to jack from the muffler but it keeps calling my name when I look at it.
aboyandhisversys likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I can ride year round here in Vegas. That's all pleasure riding and errands. Work from home, so its easy to just go hit the road for a few hours to get out. Heck I did 150 miles today for no reason.

Was very pleasantly surprised by the life of the tire. Guy at the shop said he didn't care for them, till I mentioned them lasting 10k, he all of a sudden decided hey were a great tire hah!

Yeah I had to go back to show them how to the the sprocket cover off without removing the motec bars. And it was jacked on the muffler. He said they do it all day long for the past 20 years and never had a problem.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Here are the ContiMotions I rode across Canada w/ (BOTH ways!) last summer, c/w the replacement "RE-installed" Shinko E705s I took off before that 8,668 mile odyssey.... (They had about 8,7xx miles on them...!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P8191718 copy.jpg (27.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg P8191717 copy.jpg (30.0 KB, 32 views)

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode