riding crooked / shield fogging on right side - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
riding crooked / shield fogging on right side

Does anyone elses shield tend to fog on one side and not the other?
It's been in the 40s around here on my ride to work. I've noticed that my face shield tends to fog on the right side more than the left. For awhile I blamed my deviated septum that I've had since a brawl when I was 20. The other morning I realized that I must ride with my head slightly turned to the right which is not letting that side of my helmet get any ventilation. If I make a point of looking straght ahead, I get no fogging. I've noticed that alot of the time my head is turned slightly to the right, even while not riding, I just realized it is while I'm typing this.
Anyone else notice that they tend to go through their daily existance with their head cocked slightly off center?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 07:15 PM

I guess it depends on how your helmet vents. Also keeping your breath off the shield helps a lot. I got the optional breath deflector for my Arai helmet and it no longer fogs up. Another thing that helps is coatings. Plexus is great on my visors.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
I guess it depends on how your helmet vents. Also keeping your breath off the shield helps a lot. I got the optional breath deflector for my Arai helmet and it no longer fogs up. Another thing that helps is coatings. Plexus is great on my visors.
I use Cat Crap on my shield and glasses.
The issue I have with breath deflectors is most of them I've used directs my breath up behind my glasses which keeps my shield clear but immediately fogs my glasses. I think the biggest reson my shield fogs is because of my windshield, the air around the bottom if my helmet is pretty still.

Last edited by ray h; 10-13-2012 at 08:28 AM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Is your vision left eye dominant? Most people are right eye driven... A deviated septum would also be a factor. Mine has more cfm on the right outlet, which makes a small difference.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Is your vision left eye dominant? Most people are right eye driven... A deviated septum would also be a factor. Mine has more cfm on the right outlet, which makes a small difference.
I don't think I'm left eye dominant, I shoot with my right eye and always have, although my parents have told me that I was born left handed but switched over to my right when I broke my left arm as a kid.
I thought the reason was my deviated septum, it still may be but I'm usually pretty aware of which nostril I'm breathing through. After I starting paying attention to it I noticed that I have my head turned slightly (maybe 5 degrees) to the right doing most tasks, for instance, If I look straight ahead right now I would be looking at the right side of this page.
I'm wondering if it isn't some kind of anomaly with my glasses, I just noticed things seem a little clearer on one side than the other.
I'm going to have to investigate this a little further.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode