trip prep for Mexico - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
trip prep for Mexico

i'm hoping to ride down Baja in the spring, now thinking about trip preps, specifically motorcycle insurance. does anyone have a company they'd recommend? last time i went with Sanborn and i see they are still operating. but that was a long time ago, figured i'd ask as to whether there might be a better option out there.

another question... i'd like to cross the border someplace not too busy. i'm looking at Douglas and Nogales, but i'm open to suggestions.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
=>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 05:04 PM

Mexadventure.com or bajabound.com,
Que te vaya bien.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 08:21 PM

The adv.com forum has sub forums for trip planning. Lotsa guys doing Baja with recent first hand info.

Concours C14
PGR #192992

Ride Reports Blog:

on two wheels:

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 03:48 PM

Headed there myself in a few months.. Advrider.com is a good source for info but you will need to dig, not much out there with a wealth of information in one place that I could find.

09 Lime Versys
13' DL650 Vstrom
06 (Gold) Goldwing IV
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 10:21 PM

You're right snownut.

What I meant to say was to start a thread there and see what info can be found from recent travelers. There is also a moto travel site called horizons unlimited or something like that. It too has plenty that have recent experience.

Concours C14
PGR #192992

Ride Reports Blog:

on two wheels:
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 11:37 PM
MTS

Sounds like a blast! Be safe down there!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 03:50 PM

I've used Mexadventure.com many times. It's nice to buy it ahead of time and not have to waste time while you're on vacation.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 03:59 PM

The emergency medical transport provision of some Mexican insurance policies include emergency medical transport within Mexico only and not to another country. Don't confuse that with the US Medjet policy. If you do not have major med insurance with international emergency care provision, then you may want to supplement your Mexican vehicle insurance with the US Medjet policy that will fly you back. Chris at Mexadventure can explain the details if you have questions.
Don't know if that is an issue for you, but a lot of people assume that some of the Mexican insurance policies include medical transport out of the country. You need to read the fine print.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode