• 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By Turk
  • 2 Post By JimK
  • 1 Post By CochiseKev

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
black or titanium?

On the 2017 Versys 650 LT if you were buying which of those 2 colors would you choose?

[B]Once you go PACK you never go back
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 04:43 PM

Garage
I'm a little bias...But i like the titanium but with my bike i get the best of both.....

P1020261 by weljo2001, on Flickr
JimK likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 05:48 PM

Garage
Titanium all the way!

I'm biased too. There's a lot of black bikes out there, not many titanium!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3f...ew?usp=sharing

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 07:50 PM

Titanium.

2017 Versys 650 LT -- Titanium
Debadged, Moto Werk lowering kit, slimmed down OEM seat, Shad SH33 top case, Scorpion Serket Taper exhaust, Moto Werk 1" risers, Grab On grip covers
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 07:56 PM

I think I would choose the titanium but truthfully neither really set themselves apart for me. The black one has green accent decals, is that right? Might make it a bit visually interesting.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 07:41 AM

Garage
Titanium here too.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

As you only gave two choices - I would pick titanium, but my preference is to be MUCH MORE visible, which is why I have a red, and a green Versys.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 03:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK View Post
On the 2017 Versys 650 LT if you were buying which of those 2 colors would you choose?
I would find a leftover or used burnt orange or kawasaki green one if those are the only choices in a '17.
Turk likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I would find a leftover or used burnt orange or kawasaki green one if those are the only choices in a '17.
That's what I did last year. Was looking forward to having the integrated gear position indicator but when I realized the 17's were essentially grey or black I went with an orange 2016.
twowheeladdict likes this.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 09:47 PM

The matte titanium on the '16 Vs is nice. You can get close to it with the matte silver on the 2018 Ninja 1ks.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Original poster here. I bought a 2017 recently in Titanium. The dealer had 1 black and 1 titanium on hand , both lt models. My previous 2 bikes were gloss black and I wanted something different. They both looked good but glosss black is no real easy to keep looking clean. That said I do like the titanium color better on the Versys but both are fine. After choosing the titanium I was just curious as to what others preferred.
407guy and Turk like this.

]
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 04:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK View Post
Original poster here. I bought a 2017 recently in Titanium. The dealer had 1 black and 1 titanium on hand , both lt models. My previous 2 bikes were gloss black and I wanted something different. They both looked good but glosss black is no real easy to keep looking clean. That said I do like the titanium color better on the Versys but both are fine. After choosing the titanium I was just curious as to what others preferred.

I hate black bikes & cars....I'm still pissed mine came with a black tank....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 06:42 PM

I'm biased!

https://imgur.com/a/pwidu

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 06:47 PM

Garage
I went with titanium. Although the accents on the black one looked nice.

so it goes...
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangles View Post
Nice. Like I said either color ,you can`t go wrong.

]
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 12:36 PM

Titanium

BIG "P"
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 11:59 PM

unstable_rider likes this.

'17 Versys 650
'16 VW Golf R
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Green.
Wait... no, black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode