Finally rode a Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Finally rode a Versys

Hi all,I've been a lurker here for quite some time.Was always intrigued with the V and as i trade bikes a lot,have shopped for one from time to time.Just never had things line up right to make a deal.I've always ridden big heavy cruisers and presently own a VTX 1800C.In fact it is my 4th X having owned 3 18's a a 1300 Retro with a harley 1200 sportster and a Suzi 1500LC Intruder between.Anyhow ,this past friday a old friend came over on his V and we took a nice 130 mile run of 2 lane blacktop.Traffic was minimal and speeds were high.We did a lot of 80-85 mph cruising.We traded rides and i was amazed at the power the 650cc engine can pump out.The handling is fantastic even with his less than perfect tire condition.I pumped the X up a bit over 100 one time passing a group of cars and i'll be darned if the V wasn't right there on my hip!He pushed me a little in the twisties,but other than that the V and the X make great riding partners!I wish i could afford a second bike,i would snatch one up in a hurry.His was a 08 with 18k and a few add ons.C bailey shield was great.Gave great protection.One of these days i will have a Versys!Ride safe,Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 07:31 PM

the V is surprising, a sleeper, and inspiring. Seems to make the rider a better rider. It's a solid bike in many aspects.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 03:25 PM

I came from a vtx 1300 as you can see by my signature and other heavy crusers too. I wanted something quick and lite and boy does the Versys fit that mold. Go ahead and sell or trade, you know you want one now that you have taken a test ride, no regrets on my end for sure.

Sold 2005 honda vtx 1300 bought an '09 versys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2012, 06:22 PM

I like lighter bikes, I traded in my Buell on my Versys. PLUS it's much more fun to ride a small bike fast than a big bike slow!

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Well,the 1800 is anything but slow.It's a torque monster and a fire breathing dragon.Great for piling on lots of gear and traveling too.But the V is sure a lot of fun.It's quick and flickable.I like it a lot.Yes,perhaps i will trade or even better,figure out a way to have two bikes without the wife throwing a fit and running me off!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuarider View Post
Yes,perhaps i will trade or even better,figure out a way to have two bikes without the wife throwing a fit and running me off!
Ahh That's all? Well you are buying the Versys for HER aren't you?

See Problem solved.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 09:54 PM

Had one long ride on a V by myself and enjoyed it. Nice.

Had one short go on a V following a fast rider trying to keep up. Two entirely DIFFERENT worlds. Man, I was a wuss the first time around. Following the quick rider through turns and no traffice, I realized what that motor really can do.

Can't afford a second bike now, but the V and that 650 is on my mind. Just awesome.

Concours C14
PGR #192992

Ride Reports Blog:

on two wheels:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode