5Likes
  • 3 Post By hawkerjet
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
7 Month 6000 Mile Review

I picked up my 2015 V-650 back in August of last year 2017. It was a bit beat up and really dirty with 11k miles by the one owner. He had dropped it a couple of times and it had a few scars to prove it. So it was a bit of a gamble but at $4200 I figured it was worth a try. I had to replace the right side panel of the fairing as the turn signal mounting area was damaged by a right side tip over compliments of the previous owner.

Since then I have added a few upgrades. The big two were the Nitron shock and an MRA Touring Windscreen . The stock shock with its very stiff spring was a bit heavy and non adjustable for my 180 pound carcus. The MRA screen was a bit taller and wider than the stocker and provided a fair amount of better wind protection. One other mod was doing some carving on the stock seat for better comfort.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ron-shock.html

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...indscreen.html

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...t-tune-up.html

Fast forward 7 months and 6000 miles later and all is smiles. As I have said before the little V has to be my all time favorite street bike. What's not to like. Great handling, excellent comfort, decent power, great fuel economy (average 55 mpg) combine that with the generous 5.5 gallon tank and you can go 250 miles and still have a gallon in the tank. Plus a bullet proof motor and way cheaper insurance than it's larger brethren like a one liter sport bike. Another plus for me is the bike is well engineered and very easy to work on. I can peel off its clothes and have it down to valve check status in about an hour. I have had other bikes that you would be lucky to have the body work off in that same time frame.

There are only a couple of things I miss that it does not have. An air temp gauge and a gear indicator....but I don't miss them enough to try and add the aftermarket versions of these.

So for anyone who may be visiting this forum and is considering a V-650 I would say this. You really cannot go wrong with this bike. The first time you ride one you will be reminded of why you love to ride motorcycles....and the feeling just keeps on going every time you hop aboard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5350.jpg (71.0 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5356.jpg (102.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5701.jpg (92.3 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6143.jpg (103.7 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6144.jpg (93.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6146.jpg (93.7 KB, 50 views)
Turk, Skypilot 69 and Devilsfan like this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
...So for anyone who may be visiting this forum and is considering a V-650 I would say this. You really cannot go wrong with this bike. The first time you ride one you will be reminded of why you love to ride motorcycles....and the feeling just keeps on going every time you hop aboard.
NICE (bike AND report!), but MINE is prettier....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg P6114838.JPG (394.2 KB, 51 views)
hawkerjet likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
NICE (bike AND report!), but MINE is prettier....

Great color but...where is the moose decal?????????

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
Great color but...where is the moose decal?????????
On my '08....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0387copy.jpg (218.1 KB, 26 views)
hawkerjet likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode