V-Stream + MRA vs Stock - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 09Greeny

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
V-Stream + MRA vs Stock

So I just got a V-Stream/MRA combo in today (shoutout to trialsguy for being an awesome seller). Figured I'd grab some measurements if anyone else is looking to get rid of the atrocious stock setup, which caused horrific buffeting for me.

Stock windscreen at the lowest setting. While this did improve buffeting from the top position, it was still unmanageable past 60mph for more than the shortest highway runs.

V-Stream/MRA mounted on the bike - highest position for the MRA and highest mounting positions.

Showing closer to what I see when on the bike (6'0, 30' inseam), though angled down a good bit more.

Angled down a bit, but showing that their is minor distortion through the windscreen. When actually on the bike, I'm looking over it unless it's mounted at the absolute highest position.

Closer to my view on height, but zoomed in a bit.

Closer to my view on height, but zoomed in a bit. In reality, at the absolute highest setting, my view straight forward is just barely below the very top edge of the MRA screen.

V-Stream with the MRA all the way down (even with top) next to the stock windscreen. Though I hadn't noticed it before, the stock screen is tinted.

And with the MRA all the way up. Tried to get the bolt holes as close to level as possible.

Comparison to stock with the bolt holes lined up. Measurements I could get are as follows:

stock
11in from the top to the closest point of the curve
12in from the top to the lowest points
12in at the widest, tapering to about 6.5in at the top.

V-Stream
14.75 curve height
15.25 total height
10in in the middle widening to 15in at the widest

V-Stream with MRA in tallest position
19in curve height
19.75 total height

With the V-Stream mounted on the top mounting holes as shown, there is still 1 7/8in clearance from the mirrors at full lock. Handlebars themselves have even more room.

And that's that. Tried to get the pictures lined up as close to the same as I could for more direct comparisons. Ran around for 30min on the highway doing adjustments, but I'm sure it'll take a few weeks before I get it exact. So far, it's already a massive improvement, and the highways aren't hell anymore. Hope this helps if anyone is looking at a similar setup!
Devilsfan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 12:05 PM

I like the looks of this setup. How much did that set you back? Is trailsguy a member here? I'm new here. I'm ordering a new windshield for my 09 Monday, so this may be an option. My last 09 had the MRA Vario Touring Sheild and I liked it but my fjr1300 has a V-Stream and I really like it. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode