Metzeler Z8 Interact, 10k miles. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Metzeler Z8 Interact, 10k miles.

Here are a couple of photos of my Metzeler Z8 Interact tires with 10100 mostly freeway miles. The front has lots of life left. While the back is really squared off it may have a couple of thousand more miles as well. I'm amazed how well this single-compound tire held up to the freeway use. The only reason I could imagine buying a different ST tire is to save money. Or when the next great tire comes along
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3159.jpg (41.7 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3155.jpg (29.2 KB, 220 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 08:53 AM

Excellent. I just put a set of these on my bike as I was hoping for more than 5,500 miles I was getting with the BT-016's.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 09:46 AM

I'm on my second set of these Metzeler Z8 Roadtec Interacts (sport touring tire). I got a nail in the rear one that wasn't a good patch location, so I replaced it a couple of thousand miles early. I'm harder on tires than I thought I'd be; must be that twisty throttle and canyon country. But these tires stick well, feel great, and most importantly, unlike the OEMs, they have earned my trust.

Someday is not a day of the week.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpawed View Post
unlike the OEMs, they have earned my trust.
and that is worth a million bucks!!

i'm on avons, but i've had (z6) roadtecs and a few sportecs on previous bikes. they make a nice tire.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
=>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 09:08 AM

Thanks for the feedback, Guys. Sounds like brilliant tires.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Replaced the rear with another Z8 Interact, just shy of 12k miles. Just shy of the wear bars near the center too.

I had an appointment to replace the tire Monday, but rain is forecast then, so that could involve riding a worn tire in the rain, and then riding a brand new one in the rain too. I avoided both by doing it early.

With all the cool sport touring tires on the market I guess I expressed my satisfaction with these by buying more of the same.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 07:25 PM

From all I've tried, nothing beats the Michelin PR2. I have a set on my MT-01 (heavy, torquy bike) and I have 12000km on them and suspect I'll be able to reach 15000km on the rear tire. So on the Versys these should last for ever. And it simply can't be beat on the wet or dry in it's category, really awesome tires, worth every penny. As for OEM tires, we all know what those are worth hehe
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Yeah there are a lot of long lasting tires, and people sure seem to like the PR2.

One thing sets the Z8 apart is it's a single compound tire, yet it still grips well, and wears well. The single vs dual thing isn't that big a deal, but if I can get good longevity and grip from a single compound tire I prefer it over a dual.

As far as wet grip, it did well in this comparison:
http://www.visordown.com/product-new...ard/20419.html

Different conditions and different testers, maybe the results would be different. I think the Michelin beat it in some magazine's test.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode