Inseam/ Seat Height / Lowering / Question for the Ladies - Page 3 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 21Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 01:29 PM
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,596
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
This has being posted before, but it speaks volume for "shorter" people and high bike

I wish I had his skill !!!

https://youtu.be/kRFyw57o_Ic

LOP


Practice,Practice,Practice......
Lours_Polaire likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
txcyclist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
So have you got the feel of the versys yet.....just wondering after all the write up..
Ha! When the weather and scheduling allows me a chance to actually sit on the damned thing, I'll post a non-theoretical, real-world write-up.
weljo2001 likes this.
txcyclist is offline  
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator
 
Fastoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ipoh.Perak.Malaysia
Posts: 6,986
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcyclist View Post
Ha! When the weather and scheduling allows me a chance to actually sit on the damned thing, I'll post a non-theoretical, real-world write-up.
Fastoman is offline  
 
post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
txcyclist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Welp...best I could do was sit on one this Saturday, as the 2017 model in stock was sold and couldn't be test ridden. The damn thing fits me, *almost*, like a glove. I kicked the pillion a little swinging my leg over (fixable when new muscle memory kicks in), and my heel is *barely* off the ground when sitting. Even had the sales guy take a photo so I could objectively look at the clearance. I can totally work with that. Looks like this is a thing that's going to happen in the next few weeks as I put my ducks in a row, and as they get another 2017 in stock and/or assembled.

Last edited by txcyclist; 02-19-2018 at 09:22 AM.
txcyclist is offline  
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator
 
fasteddiecopeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC - summer; Florence, AZ - winter
Posts: 17,712
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcyclist View Post
Welp...best I could do was sit on one this Saturday, as the 2017 model in stock was sold and couldn't be test ridden. The damn thing fits me, *almost*, like a glove. I kicked the pillion a little swinging my leg over (fixable when new muscle memory kicks in), and my heel is *barely* off the ground when sitting. Even had the sales guy take a photo so I could objectively look at the clearance. I can totally work with that. Looks like this is a thing that's going to happen in the next few weeks as I put my ducks in a row, and as they get another 2017 in stock and/or assembled.
txcyclist likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fasteddiecopeman is offline  
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 10:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Frankfort, IL
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have a 30" inseam, and the stock Versys seat sure felt low after riding a KLR!
txcyclist likes this.

Here's to the first of the day...
Molchy is offline  
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
txcyclist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
UPDATE:

The aforementioned ducks are in a row. On Saturday, I'm going to see about a new silver 2017. I'll keep y'all posted.
weljo2001 and Fly-Sig like this.
txcyclist is offline  
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
txcyclist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Well...there's a brand new, 2017 metallic titanium in my garage! I will say she's going to take just a little getting used to. The difference in peg position and position of turn signals and horn between my F800 ST and the Versys will require my muscle memory to change. If you've ever ridden a BMW, you know what I mean WRT the turn signals and horn. I'm also still getting used to the gearing -- I feel like I need to shift way earlier on the Versys, but it is a 650 (as opposed to an 800), and I'm still in the break-in period and don't want to push it *too* hard. All that said? I really love this bike. She's responsive, and smooth, and comfy, and I think we're gonna get along *just* fine.
txcyclist is offline  
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator
 
fasteddiecopeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC - summer; Florence, AZ - winter
Posts: 17,712
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcyclist View Post
Well...there's a brand new, 2017 metallic titanium in my garage! I will say she's going to take just a little getting used to. The difference in peg position and position of turn signals and horn between my F800 ST and the Versys will require my muscle memory to change. If you've ever ridden a BMW, you know what I mean WRT the turn signals and horn. I'm also still getting used to the gearing -- I feel like I need to shift way earlier on the Versys, but it is a 650 (as opposed to an 800), and I'm still in the break-in period and don't want to push it *too* hard. All that said? I really love this bike. She's responsive, and smooth, and comfy, and I think we're gonna get along *just* fine.
You might like to lower your footpegs (the Motowerk piece lowers them 1.3") and add a handle-bar riser.



BOTH my Vs have 2" ROX RISERS.
txcyclist likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fasteddiecopeman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody with inseam 30" moved from low-seat cruiser to Versys? Nick13 Member Introductions 15 11-09-2014 12:00 AM
Lowering seat height LDB General Discussions - V-650 11 05-21-2014 09:58 PM
Inseam? How to correctly measure? Veelosopher General Discussions - V-650 31 11-07-2011 04:02 PM
Another windshield.............6ft 4 235lbs 34in inseam Highpsiguy General Discussions - V-650 8 10-30-2009 09:53 PM
? for Inseam Challenged V Owners: Can I love a Versys? dsgrntldPW General Discussions - V-650 11 07-23-2009 10:57 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome