Inseam/ Seat Height / Lowering / Question for the Ladies - Page 3 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
This has being posted before, but it speaks volume for "shorter" people and high bike

I wish I had his skill !!!

https://youtu.be/kRFyw57o_Ic

LOP

Practice,Practice,Practice......
Lours_Polaire likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
So have you got the feel of the versys yet.....just wondering after all the write up..
Ha! When the weather and scheduling allows me a chance to actually sit on the damned thing, I'll post a non-theoretical, real-world write-up.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcyclist View Post
Ha! When the weather and scheduling allows me a chance to actually sit on the damned thing, I'll post a non-theoretical, real-world write-up.

post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Welp...best I could do was sit on one this Saturday, as the 2017 model in stock was sold and couldn't be test ridden. The damn thing fits me, *almost*, like a glove. I kicked the pillion a little swinging my leg over (fixable when new muscle memory kicks in), and my heel is *barely* off the ground when sitting. Even had the sales guy take a photo so I could objectively look at the clearance. I can totally work with that. Looks like this is a thing that's going to happen in the next few weeks as I put my ducks in a row, and as they get another 2017 in stock and/or assembled.

Last edited by txcyclist; 02-19-2018 at 09:22 AM.
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Welp...best I could do was sit on one this Saturday, as the 2017 model in stock was sold and couldn't be test ridden. The damn thing fits me, *almost*, like a glove. I kicked the pillion a little swinging my leg over (fixable when new muscle memory kicks in), and my heel is *barely* off the ground when sitting. Even had the sales guy take a photo so I could objectively look at the clearance. I can totally work with that. Looks like this is a thing that's going to happen in the next few weeks as I put my ducks in a row, and as they get another 2017 in stock and/or assembled.
txcyclist likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have a 30" inseam, and the stock Versys seat sure felt low after riding a KLR!
txcyclist likes this.

Here's to the first of the day...
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
UPDATE:

The aforementioned ducks are in a row. On Saturday, I'm going to see about a new silver 2017. I'll keep y'all posted.
weljo2001 and Fly-Sig like this.
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Well...there's a brand new, 2017 metallic titanium in my garage! I will say she's going to take just a little getting used to. The difference in peg position and position of turn signals and horn between my F800 ST and the Versys will require my muscle memory to change. If you've ever ridden a BMW, you know what I mean WRT the turn signals and horn. I'm also still getting used to the gearing -- I feel like I need to shift way earlier on the Versys, but it is a 650 (as opposed to an 800), and I'm still in the break-in period and don't want to push it *too* hard. All that said? I really love this bike. She's responsive, and smooth, and comfy, and I think we're gonna get along *just* fine.
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Well...there's a brand new, 2017 metallic titanium in my garage! I will say she's going to take just a little getting used to. The difference in peg position and position of turn signals and horn between my F800 ST and the Versys will require my muscle memory to change. If you've ever ridden a BMW, you know what I mean WRT the turn signals and horn. I'm also still getting used to the gearing -- I feel like I need to shift way earlier on the Versys, but it is a 650 (as opposed to an 800), and I'm still in the break-in period and don't want to push it *too* hard. All that said? I really love this bike. She's responsive, and smooth, and comfy, and I think we're gonna get along *just* fine.
You might like to lower your footpegs (the Motowerk piece lowers them 1.3") and add a handle-bar riser.

BOTH my Vs have 2" ROX RISERS.
txcyclist likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode