Stuffed Animals - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Stuffed Animals

Can someone explain why people ride around with stuff animals. I have seen some on handle bar risers, passenger seats and even crash bars. Is there certain ones for certain clubs? My grandchildren think they are cute but I was wondering if there is a reason and certain ones to tell my children to avoid buying because grandchildren want to get me one for my birthday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 07:41 AM

Some people just do it to feel better...may be silly but causes no harm & may make some others smile or draw them into a conversation.
silviefox likes this.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 08:54 AM

Garage
I had a paper clamp teddy bear that someone at work gave me. I stuck it on the computer wires. It was a Koala so it looked natural hanging there.

Nothing on my bike, but I do have Kawasaki, Harley, and Triumph Teddy bears sitting on the Chest of Drawers in the Master bedroom. It was a way to bring motorcycles into my wife's décor.

I have see where Dads or Granddads will have one of their children's / grandchildren's stuffed animals with them on their adventures and place the stuffed animals in all of their photos that they send back to said children so the children can feel like they are part of the adventure.

So, it is better if the stuffed animal comes from the child and is already a cherished toy to them.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 01:14 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkridia View Post
Can someone explain why people ride around with stuff animals. I have seen some on handle bar risers, passenger seats and even crash bars. Is there certain ones for certain clubs? My grandchildren think they are cute but I was wondering if there is a reason and certain ones to tell my children to avoid buying because grandchildren want to get me one for my birthday.
i think its about the same as people having stuffed animals in there cars or on a shelf, its something nice to look at . in my case one was a gift from one of my Youtube subs and the other was a gift from a friend who is no longer with us, so its my way of having a little part of her with me when i ride

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 04:23 PM

Garage
I put on my bike what i want....Some people think my cup holder is the coolest thing and some think its lame..I like it so thats all that matters...
invader, onewizard, turn8a and 3 others like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Everyday News in THE USA

Yes, it is disappointing that almost every day turning on the TV in the news, we have racial tension, bigotry and false news. This has spilled over into Canada, nothing to be proud of,what has happened in this thread is a fine example showing the largest part of the membership that responded don't share this bigotry.
twowheels, silviefox and motorboy like this.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 06:12 PM

How about some of those outrageous videos which were presented before, somehow... Then we can let the general public run their own impressions.

Yes, I figure this thread will take about 10 minutes to delete edit and clean up, so I figure as a mod, getting paid $000.00 USD per hour I can stand on the soap box and get my money's worth too. We have rules on this forum, one rule that should be stated, more like a guideline than a rule, your sexual orientation , your nationality,the colour of your skin your religious preference or non preference , whether you drink, smoke or swear on a regular basis,**** non of that affects how fast the bike goes, makes for a better bike or helps any other member in solving bike problems on this forum, however I enjoy watching Weljo posted video's some of those food runs well you know what I am getting at and yes we all know he likes oriental people of the opposite sex, like anything no one is forcing you to watch it. So tolerence is required some times, personal attack never has been and hopefully never will be*************OK I feel better Onewizard

Last edited by onewizard; 02-12-2018 at 09:46 PM.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 10:05 PM

Garage
Do like I did just put invader on your ignore list-problem solved

Deep in Cajun Country
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 10:38 PM

Garage
Aerostich has developed furry kickstand critters which they sell. Small stuffed animals containing a steel plate to put under your kickstand on soft ground. There is also a cell phone app specially developed for this, just for Versys owners.

Last edited by twowheels; 02-04-2018 at 10:41 PM.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 09:44 AM

I carry at least one Mr. Happy puppet from Aerostich. I usually have 2-3 on hand in the garage. I've given them to little kids who express interest in my bikes. Good PR for motorcyclists if nothing else. BTW, they have a stuffed animal contest each year at the Americade rally.
silviefox likes this.

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
I carry at least one Mr. Happy puppet from Aerostich.
I'm afraid to google "Mr Happy puppet"....
Doug Just Doug likes this.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 01:10 PM

I did ...not quite as freaky as the clown sneaking up on you with the squirting flower. but close
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 02:19 PM

[QUOTE=twowheels;1501538]Aerostich has developed furry kickstand critters which they sell. Small stuffed animals containing a steel plate to put under your kickstand on soft ground. There is also a cell phone app specially developed for this, just for Versys owners.

I got excited; these would be really fun. Unfortunately I do not find them any more on the Aerostich site. Even went back and googled them (technically they were called Kickstand Kritters) and only got hits on blogs and forums that mentioned them. No hit on Aerostich. Even went back and put their correct spelling in the Aerostich search box on their site and nothing. DRAT!!

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 02:55 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
[quote=cjcintucson;1501690]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Aerostich has developed furry kickstand critters which they sell. Small stuffed animals containing a steel plate to put under your kickstand on soft ground. There is also a cell phone app specially developed for this, just for Versys owners.

I got excited; these would be really fun. Unfortunately I do not find them any more on the Aerostich site. Even went back and googled them (technically they were called Kickstand Kritters) and only got hits on blogs and forums that mentioned them. No hit on Aerostich. Even went back and put their correct spelling in the Aerostich search box on their site and nothing. DRAT!!
same here none on fle bay ether.... tho i could make some quite easily, just find a small plush of your kritter of choosing and empty the stuffing and add a metal plate (i use a junction box cover as a fat foot )

if anyone is interested let me know and ill look into making some

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 03:12 PM

Here are some "stuffed ones" on the backs of a couple of HD's down in Nashville I saw last year. You might say "drop dead gorgeous", but drop one of the words.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Biker Babe 2.jpg (54.0 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Drop Dead Beautiful Biker Babe.jpg (54.7 KB, 36 views)
twowheeladdict and LuvNot like this.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

PLEASE understand, "inmates", that this following comment has earned its 'writer' a short BAN, which will become longer if it's repeated!

This BIGOTED remark and others like it - are NOT acceptable on this Forum!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by onewizard; 02-12-2018 at 09:36 PM.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Forum Rules / Team Effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorboy View Post
Do like I did just put invader on your ignore list-problem solved
First there are rules on this forum, unfortunately using the ignore function only blocks the post by the list, nothing to do with getting rid of quoted material or repeated by others material.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
PLEASE understand, "inmates", that this following comment has earned its 'writer' a short BAN, which will become longer if it's repeated!

This BIGOTED remark and others like it - are NOT acceptable on this Forum!
FYI some times what appears to be a lack of response from us mods, is actually the fact that some discussion has been taking place as a team effort, usually a simple discussion solves many problems, however sometimes that doesn't work.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 08:17 PM

[quote=cjcintucson;1501690]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post

Here ya go guys.

https://www.amazon.com/Critter-Coast.../dp/B071JRW298

https://www.amazon.com/Critter-Coast...A1W10SGCKHJED0
Arkridia and LuvNot like this.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 08:51 PM

Garage
Mom has a large Tigger that she put a pilot's helmet, kid's jacket and goggles on, and is strapped to the sissy bar of her bike. It's just cute and something I've taken for granted as part of her personality (she loves the character). But originally, for her it was a way to lessen the poor reception she used to get when people found out (gasp!) that was a WOMAN riding that motorcycle. Tigger was just silly, which made her non-threatening and somehow helped keep other's perception of her as feminine even though she was in riding gear and rode her own motorcycle.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 09:28 PM

Here they are even cheaper, with free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...d+Pad&_sacat=0
silviefox likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode