Finally picked up my 2010 black Versys and got to ride it back home (2 hours, twisties, some highway, dusk + night time). So...
1. Wow! Yeah!
2. After riding wife's cbr250r this thing feels so powerful, big and different.
3. Windshield only makes wind worse for me. I am 194cm tall and I tried riding without windshield today - it's MUCH better without it.
4. My bike is LAMS (restricted throttle), but I received it without the restrictor, so tried it "full-on" first. LESSON 1: for novice rider like me 650cc is TOO MUCH. Seriously, a few times I was almost flying off the bike , and that's only using maybe 2/3 of the trottle. Call me a sissy, but I've put the restrictor back on.
5. Honda's rear brakes are much more effective, I guess it's the cABS in action, but Versys's rear brakes felt useless in comparison, while front brakes grabbed much better.
6. I don't like the way headlight works - it creates a distinct "circle" of light that somehow distracts me when bouncing off trees and stones. I was planning to change it anyway.
7. I like the OEM sound. Don't see why so many people criticise it.
8. Tall handlebars create very interesting, different feeling when steering at slow speed - more like a push-bike steering sensation, which is good.
9. More upright seating is nice, but probably a bit too much for me - like I said sometimes I feel like falling off the bike while accelerating. So, I think I will benefit from 2.5-3inch-raised clipons to lean forward a bit.
10. Got the bike with Pirelli Angels ST and they feel great. Maybe it's the bike, but I do feel more confident leaning harder than on the cbr250r.
All in all - I love it. Got a tank bag, rack and a big nice back-bag with it. $7600AUD all up for end-of-2010 model with 12K on it. So, the journey begins!