Versys 1000 reviewed by the Vancouver Sun's motorcycle blogger - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Versys 1000 reviewed by the Vancouver Sun's motorcycle blogger

http://www.driving.ca/cars/Kawasaki+...846/story.html

This was published in this weeks motoring section of the largest local newspaper in Western Canada.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for reviews on all motorcycle accessories as well as other great motorcycle news, stories and video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Well now i know less about the bike than i did before i read that.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 02:38 PM

The guy says: "There was nothing technically wrong with the bike yet for the first time, I felt unnatural riding a two-wheeler." Whaaa?

2012 Kawasaki Versys 650 - 20,500 miles
2000 Volvo V70XC 2.4T - 258,000 miles

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 03:01 PM

A vehicle related article in a automoto section of a daily newspaper is crappy. Who would have thought. Lol
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 03:08 PM

Garage
Well the review was by a woman or a guy named Marrisa......

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

She is a regular contributor to the Vancouver Sun's motoring section. I've read many of her reviews, this one was the strangest thing I've read from her. I posted it here just to see if I was alone in going "huh?" to this article.

I'm guessing she won't be ordering one soon though. She did a glowing report of the RT1200R recently, I wonder if that influenced this article?

for reviews on all motorcycle accessories as well as other great motorcycle news, stories and video.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
If she doesn't know why it felt strange to her, she obviously doesn't have a lot of riding experience. If the ZX6R fit her well she may be too small for the Versys 1000. Maybe she should have posted her height and weight like other journalists do.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 10:52 PM

Sport bike rider? Maybe that is why she did not get it. I don't get the point of most sport bikes. That does not mean they are not good. I just don't get the point of riding a bike designed for the track.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 01:31 AM

Garage
Maybe it didn't give her that "Pucker" factor she was looking for..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
After reading the article...

..."HUH"... is my reaction, too!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 02:53 PM

What a tool...this person needs to be fired.

Honda CBR125R Sold
Kawasaki Ninja 650R Sold
Yamaha Zuma 50 Sold
Kawasaki Ninja250R Sold
Kawasaki Versys Current Bike
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 03:08 PM

That was just terrible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode