Another texting driver near miss - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Another texting driver near miss

Beautiful Sunday morning ride through WMass and southern VT with Redline and his son. We were heading south on 112 out of Jacksonville, I was on the point several bike lengths ahead. The road forks and 112 goes left over a small bridge. I was leaned into the left. A cager coming the other way did not follow the right curve onto the bridge, crossed the center line and came straight for me. I was already on the bridge so there wasn't anywhere to go. Major adrenaline rush for your humble scribe. I hit the high beam and blasted the Stebel. The driver looked up and corrected hard right. With little room to spare we passed without contact. The lousy bastidge had his phone in two hands up at the top of the wheel and was texting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868

Last edited by Bones; 09-02-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
They really need to force carriers to lock phones while a car is moving. I've had way to many close calls on the bike and car with people that are too busy talking/texting to drive. Got rear ended by a girl who was texting and my back still hurts two years later.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr74 View Post
They really need to force carriers to lock phones while a car is moving. I've had way to many close calls on the bike and car with people that are too busy talking/texting to drive. Got rear ended by a girl who was texting and my back still hurts two years later.

+1 Almost got rearended on the V at a red light. Guy texting on his cell phone.I got off the bike reached through his window and snapped his phone in half, stood there looking at him for a minute to see if he wanted things to continue. He didn't so i got on my bike and went my merry way.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I like this guy.......

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 09-02-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode