5Likes
  • 1 Post By Arion
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By twowheels
  • 2 Post By 16VGTIDave

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Blow Torch

Winter time when most guys are not riding, the forum topics tend to devolve from bikes to other things.

So here is one of those.

I have a really neat combustion heater to warm my garage so I can work in comfort during the cold winter months. Sitting around watching TV at night, if I get cold I will go out in the garage, fire it up and stand in front of it just like a fire pit.

No I have not tried roasting marsh mellows with it yet.

Picked it up at Tractor Supply a couple of years ago for $170. Definitely worth the price of admission.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5943.jpg (66.3 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5944.jpg (58.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5945.jpg (13.8 KB, 35 views)

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
Winter time when most guys are not riding, the forum topics tend to devolve from bikes to other things.

So here is one of those.

I have a really neat combustion heater to warm my garage so I can work in comfort during the cold winter months. Sitting around watching TV at night, if I get cold I will go out in the garage, fire it up and stand in front of it just like a fire pit.

No I have not tried roasting marsh mellows with it yet.

Picked it up at Tractor Supply a couple of years ago for $170. Definitely worth the price of admission.
My kids just got me one for Christmas. Is it this cold in Fresno??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171227_081332.jpg (27.5 KB, 30 views)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 08:30 AM

You know, you could put wings on that and make a V-1. Oh wait, someone already did that. Never mind.
hawkerjet likes this.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by troop View Post
My kids just got me one for Christmas. Is it this cold in Fresno??
No not near that cold. Coldest nights will see the mid to upper 20's. It's a damp cold here and feels much colder than the thermometer indicates. Plus I don't tolerate the cold very well in my advanced age...Lol.

Morale of the story: Why gut it out in the cold when you can make your garage balmy with the flick of a switch and a little diesel fuel.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 10:00 AM

I use a two burner "Mr Sun" to heat my tin shop (no insulation) and it works pretty good if the temp is around freezing............it will get the working space up to 60 degrees or so and that's good. Propane isn't cheap though.............https://www.houzz.com/product/133328...iABEgKC-PD_BwE
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 01:17 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
i use to have one of the same heaters and unless you like your marshmallows roasted black i dont recommend using it for smores making..
now that i sold the heater(a couple years ago) i now have a garage lol

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 01:24 PM

Garage
Don't you have to vent the room when using one of those?

I prefer the oil filled electric heaters that are safe. Sure they don't blast out the heat, but will keep an insulated garage much warmer than nothing.
crosshairs likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Don't you have to vent the room when using one of those?

I prefer the oil filled electric heaters that are safe. Sure they don't blast out the heat, but will keep an insulated garage much warmer than nothing.
All "open" element heaters recommend outside use or an open environment. I figure my shop is open enough (gaps all over the place and a large roof vent). I have been using one now for about 15 years with no problems. Even in my previous garage that was well sealed and insulated.

You can even put that on my head stone.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 05:16 PM

Garage
I use one of these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it does not stink up the garage or house, it won't choke me and cause me to pass out and die, and I can leave it run all winter for pretty damn cheap...this way the garage is always warm so I can go in there and hang out any time I get the urge ..plus my bike stays nice and toasty all winter....

2016 green V1K
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 08:32 PM

Garage
Never use one in your house during a power outage with the windows shut. Lot's of tragic CO2 poisoning stories to go around.
quexpress likes this.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 09:02 PM

Garage
I used a similar heater many years ago. It worked longer and cleaner on kerosene as compared to diesel. But both stank and required electricity as well as fuel, so I sold it. Now I dress warm and get a fire going in the wood stove if I'm going to be out in the shop for more than a few hours.
Smiley and silviefox like this.

2011 V650 in Black, well accessorized.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode