Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Vrsys in California $8600 OTD ...

4K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  TheTypeB 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and I wish to be V owner.
When I went to my local dealer today, he showed me his only V.
The bike looks sweet, very light and good riding position.
Of course he didn't let me test ride the bike (he has only one).
He quoted me $8600 OTD with $800 transportation and setting fees.
Suddenly with almost $9K price the V is not that great bargain :(
Perhaps I should wait a bit until things will cool down.
I still have my Tuono to ride....

#2 ·
That's a bit steep. I'd wait as well. California was the only state that I lived in that seemed to allow dealers of vehicles to tack on a 'Fair Market Value' price to a vehicle if they felt they could get it. Don't know if they still do that - but what a screw job.

#11 ·
I was quoted 9600.00 OTD. (California) 1800.00 freight and shipping. (Previous thread). I`m waiting till February. OTDcyclesports.com. 100.00 Deposit, they said, will have some in late January-February.No freight and shipping cost. 7500.00 or so. Worth the wait? maybe...lol

#14 ·
Hey Momo...I'm right across the bay in San Mateo and it seems like I either called or visited every dealership in 100 miles, so where did you spot the one and only V for sale in Cali. I wouldn't buy an 08 but sure would be nice just slobber over one :D

#19 ·
It's probably a case of supply and demand. The 09's have just been released and there probably aren't many available yet. Kawi is selling this bike worldwide now so it's going to take awhile for inventories to get set up. They're not like KLR's. My dealer will buy twenty KLR's just to top up an order with Kawasaki because he knows he's going to sell them. There isn't the same sales history with the Versys.

Actually, if you guys are putting your name on a waiting list you're driving the price up because the dealer knows he has it sold as soon as it hits his loading dock.

For what it's worth, The Canadian list price dropped $500.00 for '09 compared to 07, when it was introduced to this country.

#23 ·
Isn't an RX7 a sports car?

If you want to compare a KLR to something with four wheels, it's more like a used minivan. If you buy it cheap you can sell it cheap. In a depressed economy people are more likely to buy a used minivan (or KLR) than a sports car.

Maybe I got lucky but I bought my KLR used and sold it for more than I paid for it. It was just a suggestion since you said you wanted a bike now and I think Versys pricing will go down after the initial panic buying of the '09's.

#28 ·
Isn't an RX7 a sports car?
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound combative. It was more of a question out of ignorance than anything else. On that note though, wouldn't motorcycles kinda fall at least in a similar heading because they're more of a pleasure vehicle?

...and no one wants a used rotary engine. :-D
Yea....but an RX8 was so...........iffy.

#25 ·
Well boys, I just rode my new, blue 09 California Versys home. :yeahsmile: :cheers: Got it at Bert's Mega Mall in Covina for $7500 cash otd. Their first offer was 8k but I already had a quote from OTD Cyclesports in Santa Ana at 7599. In this economy, cash is king, so I guess Bert's wanted the business. It was their first (and so far only) Versys. It's been a long wait but I'm happy and feel like I got a reasonable price. Think I'll go for another ride! Best of luck, y'all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.