Why I buy from Twisted Throttle - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Why I buy from Twisted Throttle

I just got a Monokey mounting plate. It was missing a little rubber bumper. I called TT and they said "We'll send one out ASAP" 10 min later I hop on the computer to check the board and there's a E-mail from TT saying it going out! That's service! I don't have the rack or box yet I pick them up at the dealer tomorrow and will see what I can rig up until the bumper gets here.

I've bought from three venders on the board, Twisted Throttle, Moto Werks and Seat Concepts. All have been great to deal with. Stick with what and who ya know.

I do buy from my dealer as well, he's a TT vender andd a nice gut to boot, my thoughts on a good dealer is I'll pay a little more to buy from him because if I don't one day I could need something NOW and he might not be there anymore. Remember...do you really want to order your next bike off the Net?

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 07:09 PM

Hell I wish I could buy a bike off the net.

I've bought from everyone you mentioned as well as Motorcycle Superstore. I've had nothing but great service from everyone.

I don't understand Twisted having vendors though. Why as a consumer would I want to pay for additional markup when I can order direct from them and have it in 48 hours?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May the road always curve in front of you.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Always good to hear stories like this!! I agree, good customer service is sooo worth it!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
I just got a Monokey mounting plate. It was missing a little rubber bumper. I called TT and they said "We'll send one out ASAP" 10 min later I hop on the computer to check the board and there's a E-mail from TT saying it going out! That's service! I don't have the rack or box yet I pick them up at the dealer tomorrow and will see what I can rig up until the bumper gets here.

I've bought from three venders on the board, Twisted Throttle, Moto Werks and Seat Concepts. All have been great to deal with. Stick with what and who ya know.

I do buy from my dealer as well, he's a TT vender andd a nice gut to boot, my thoughts on a good dealer is I'll pay a little more to buy from him because if I don't one day I could need something NOW and he might not be there anymore. Remember...do you really want to order your next bike off the Net?
Thanks Time!

We're nothing without our customers and we get that. We try harder because we're bike people and know the frustration of waiting to get the bike back on the road 100%. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Kevin
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 01:25 PM

I've got a bunch of stuff from TT, and have had the pleasure of being to both their old and their new shops. Not only are they great at customer service on the web, the employees there are always down to just hang and talk bikes.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 09:12 PM

I've spent a small fortune with TT in the last two months, until this last set of orders I was super pleased.

Ordered heated grips on the 14th, they shipped on the 15th, with a delivery date of the 17th, no make that the 18th, no make that the 21st, which almost became the 22nd as FEDEX had to send a special truck out to make the delivery. Then TT decided to close early and not put their phones to night message, which left me hanging on the phone for 45 minutes. Did a telephone order on the 15th, which shipped the 16th, with a delivery date of the 18th, no make that the 21st, no make it the 22nd, and that almost became the 23rd. FEDEX blamed TT, TT said it was FEDEX, all I know is I wasn't happy.

Considering all my previous orders arrived in two or three days and these took a week with blame tossing, I will probably still buy from TT, but one more pass the blame game and I'll look elsewhere.

'09 Candy Plasma Blue Versys 650 (the fastest color)
Givi DS 450 Windshield
SW motech engine guards
HT Teton Panniers
Acerbis handguards
Avon Distanzia tires
Garmin Zumo 665
dual power usb/12v plug
Givi trunk on custom mount

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colodak View Post
I've spent a small fortune with TT in the last two months, until this last set of orders I was super pleased.

Ordered heated grips on the 14th, they shipped on the 15th, with a delivery date of the 17th, no make that the 18th, no make that the 21st, which almost became the 22nd as FEDEX had to send a special truck out to make the delivery. Then TT decided to close early and not put their phones to night message, which left me hanging on the phone for 45 minutes. Did a telephone order on the 15th, which shipped the 16th, with a delivery date of the 18th, no make that the 21st, no make it the 22nd, and that almost became the 23rd. FEDEX blamed TT, TT said it was FEDEX, all I know is I wasn't happy.

Considering all my previous orders arrived in two or three days and these took a week with blame tossing, I will probably still buy from TT, but one more pass the blame game and I'll look elsewhere.
I'm not sure how a shipping problem could be TT's fault. If the tracking number shows shipped on the 15th, then it was shipped and no longer in the control of TT. It's all FEDEX from that point.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatx View Post
I'm not sure how a shipping problem could be TT's fault. If the tracking number shows shipped on the 15th, then it was shipped and no longer in the control of TT. It's all FEDEX from that point.

The reply I got my TT was very "curt", and said the same. Here's a novel idea, contact FEDEX and ask why this became such a problem, then do something to help the customer. Granted TT doesn't give the option of different "shipping speeds", but, to give me a "curt" response was a put off.

Here's an example, I ordered a custom bumper for my pickup a few months back. Shipped it on a Friday, said it would arrive on Thursday, the company shipped it FEDEX freight shipping it to my company. I got a confirmation email/tracking number when it shipped. The following Thursday, it wasn't there, nor Friday, everytime I checked the tracking number it showed a different day. I had a powdercoater on standby to coat the bumper that weekend. It finally arrived the following Tuesday, it was coming to Colorado from California. The bumper was $995.00 with $140 in shipping charges. I called FEDEX and raised hell, the bumper company called FEDEX and raised hell, FEDEX didn't care. Two weeks later, and I never asked for it, the bumper company refunded me 50% of my shipping charges. I called and asked her about it, she said it was the right thing to do, FEDEX screwed the pooch, it wasn't her fault, it wasn't my fault, but she felt it was at least something she could do to help me out for the screwup. Yeah it was a nice gesture, and I'm not asking TT for anything either.

'09 Candy Plasma Blue Versys 650 (the fastest color)
Givi DS 450 Windshield
SW motech engine guards
HT Teton Panniers
Acerbis handguards
Avon Distanzia tires
Garmin Zumo 665
dual power usb/12v plug
Givi trunk on custom mount

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colodak View Post
The reply I got my TT was very "curt", and said the same. Here's a novel idea, contact FEDEX and ask why this became such a problem, then do something to help the customer. Granted TT doesn't give the option of different "shipping speeds", but, to give me a "curt" response was a put off.

Here's an example, I ordered a custom bumper for my pickup a few months back. Shipped it on a Friday, said it would arrive on Thursday, the company shipped it FEDEX freight shipping it to my company. I got a confirmation email/tracking number when it shipped. The following Thursday, it wasn't there, nor Friday, everytime I checked the tracking number it showed a different day. I had a powdercoater on standby to coat the bumper that weekend. It finally arrived the following Tuesday, it was coming to Colorado from California. The bumper was $995.00 with $140 in shipping charges. I called FEDEX and raised hell, the bumper company called FEDEX and raised hell, FEDEX didn't care. Two weeks later, and I never asked for it, the bumper company refunded me 50% of my shipping charges. I called and asked her about it, she said it was the right thing to do, FEDEX screwed the pooch, it wasn't her fault, it wasn't my fault, but she felt it was at least something she could do to help me out for the screwup. Yeah it was a nice gesture, and I'm not asking TT for anything either.

Good point! And that was excellent customer service.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 09:09 AM
GDI

When something ships Fedex, I just think "Oh $h!t!!!1!", 'cause I know it's going to add 1 + X days to the delivery time. USPS or UPS are great. . . Fedex not so much around here anyways.

GDI
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 12:24 PM

I think it depends on where you are. Some stuff I get shipped via UPS Ground takes a week to 10 days. Fedex ground normally only takes one or two days to be sitting on my doorstep.

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 12:38 PM

Just got off the phone with TT a little while ago and made them a slightly happier company. Super excited for my Trax boxes to arrives, even though my wallet has since disappeared, leaving only a suicide note behind.

2012 Kawasaki Versys 650 - 20,500 miles
2000 Volvo V70XC 2.4T - 258,000 miles
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDI View Post
When something ships Fedex, I just think "Oh $h!t!!!1!", 'cause I know it's going to add 1 + X days to the delivery time. USPS or UPS are great. . . Fedex not so much around here anyways.

GDI
You have the option to ship via USPS when ordering from Twisted Throttle.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
Just got off the phone with TT a little while ago and made them a slightly happier company. Super excited for my Trax boxes to arrives, even though my wallet has since disappeared, leaving only a suicide note behind.
Thanks for the order Ed! It is much appreciated.

Kev
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 12:58 PM

There are actually 3 different Fedex divisions

Fedex Express

Fedex Ground

Fedex Home

The latter two are delivered by independent contractors who own their own truck.

10 Duc Streetfighter S (black)
09 Versys
00 KLR
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
USN 1959-65
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatx View Post
Hell I wish I could buy a bike off the net.

I've bought from everyone you mentioned as well as Motorcycle Superstore. I've had nothing but great service from everyone.

I don't understand Twisted having vendors though. Why as a consumer would I want to pay for additional markup when I can order direct from them and have it in 48 hours?
do you know of any other online motorcycle store where you buy from the manufacturer?

bike bandit, revzilla, motorcycle superstore, newenough, sportbiketrack gear.... they all get most of their stuff through Tucker Rocky

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode