Corbin seat feedback please - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Question Corbin seat feedback please

Hey riders. I am considering a Corbin touring style seat to replace the stock seat on my V. I have chronic back pain issues and want something that's more comfortable for me on the long rides. They also have a small back rest available for the rear when going 2 up. Does anyone share my back issues? what was your solution?. some pro's and con's on the Corbin or what else is better? would be appreciated. thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
If you have a bad back stay away from the corbin......This might help..http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=19946

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 12:13 PM

Garage
I never go on a long ride without this...http://www.koolbak.com/MotorcycleBelt/Kidney_Belt.html

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 12:36 PM

If you do the Corbin, make a road trip of it and ride down to the factory in Central California- it doesn't cost any more to get it custom made... and you can ask them for suggestions on your back issues-
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 12:42 PM

Friends don't let friends buy a Corbin.
http://www.day-long.com/

IBA # 49372
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 01:25 PM

I buy a Corbin seat for every bike I own.
I love them...I have little cushion on my butt...and the Corbin seats fit me perfect.
I am selling my Corbin for the Versys because I am selling the bike and will not get more for it because of the seat.
My $.02.

Chris in N J
2004 S-2000
2000 YAMAHA KODIAK

"Every tool is a weapon if you use it right"
"The highest result of education is tolerance."
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 01:38 PM

looked at the corbin to over here
way way to expensive 599.- euros
non in stock for a testride makes it to big of a gamble
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 01:57 PM

I bought one for my dual sport and would never do it again........
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 02:04 PM

For what they charge for it it's just not worth it considering what else is out there. It's hard as hell and you slide towards the tank on downhills and hard braking...not a fan...
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Did u find a better product??, Thanks
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 02:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaspRider View Post
Did u find a better product??, Thanks
I guess you didn't read my post.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

yea, sorry. I did looked at that.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 04:05 PM

Garage
Heres some photos with a few of the seats i've had. Deleted the photos with the russell daylong and kawi gel seats.

Baldwin Tall..

IMG_0505 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Corbin...

IMG_0507 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Terry Adcock Flat Seat...

IMG_1493 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

What did u think of the Baldwin seat you had?.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 07:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaspRider View Post
What did u think of the Baldwin seat you had?.

Had it on the bike for over a year and a half. Did a 850 mile first day in 15 hours and then 550 miles in 10 hours the next day. I rate it #2 on my list #1 is the Terry Adcock Flat Seat #3 Russell Daylong.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter650 View Post
I bought one for my dual sport and would never do it again........
I had a "flat" Corbin on my KLR650, and LOVED it! Tried a buddy's "pocketed" Corbin (switched seats for a day) and liked it UNTIL we hit some washboard which kicked me forward into the pocket. Could NOT get back to my flat Corbin quick enough!

Raised the front of the V seat on both my Vs by 9/16", and been relatively happy w/ the stocker.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 02:02 PM

I've had my Corbin on my V for several years. It works great. Much better than stock. It's stiffer, has a shape a bit like a "john deer" seat for support. It doesn't slide me forward onto the tank. There's room to shift around, which helps alot on medium and long rides.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopsycho View Post
Friends don't let friends buy a Corbin.
http://www.day-long.com/
Can someone explain to me where they come up with these prices...?
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 03:03 PM

I've got a Corbin on my '09 Versys. I bought the Corbin because at the time, Sargent wasn't making a seat for the Versys. When I talked to them on the phone they said they weren't going to make one. They said they looked at doing one but couldn't make it fit the lines of the bike so they scrapped the project. Then a year or so later they came out with one for the Versys anyway. I've had both Corbin and Sargent seats on bikes in the past. I prefer Sargent. They seem to be more comfortable (at least to my rear) and they also are much lighter than Corbin seats. Corbin's seat pans are ridiculously heavy.

My toys:
'09 Versys in Cool Lime ~ '06 Harley Roadking
'95 Suzuki DR350S ~ '94 Suzuki DR350S
'09 Kawi STX15F jet ski ~ '07 Kawi STX12F Jetski
'09 Yamaha Superjet ~ '13 Ram 4X4 3500 Cummins
'09 BMW 535i ~ '10 Kubota B3300SU
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 04:11 PM

I just ordered a Sargent seat. I had a Corbin on another bike,it was to firm for my butt and it weighed a ton. Didn't fit quite right on the bike.I had Sargents on my last 2 bikes and loved them. Plus they are cheaper. But no back rest offered. I found a web site that saves over buying direct from Sargent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode