Motowerk - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Motowerk

I'm starting to think that Speedy got his nickname based on his shipping practices! I ordered my anti-vibe riser (my 3rd Motowerk addition) earlier this week and was surprised to have it waiting for me when I got home from work today. I am well impressed with the build quality, and will be sure to give some feedback once I've had a chance to try it out for a bit. It's great to have someone designing these parts for our V's, huh??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat12 View Post
I'm starting to think that Speedy got his nickname based on his shipping practices! I ordered my anti-vibe riser (my 3rd Motowerk addition) earlier this week and was surprised to have it waiting for me when I got home from work today. I am well impressed with the build quality, and will be sure to give some feedback once I've had a chance to try it out for a bit. It's great to have someone designing these parts for our V's, huh??

+1

Speedy's a class act all the way around. I've been to his shop in San Diego a couple of times. Very knowledgeable man.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat12 View Post
I ordered the lowering kit and highway bars, took a whole 2 days to get them, great service. I ordered some pegs for the highway bars since he doesn't sell them and had to wait about 10 days for them. If anyone spends time on the highway these are great.

anti-vibration risers will probably be my next order, will be looking for your review.

-- Larry --
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14
2008 Yamaha Zuma
2004 Honda ST1300

Last edited by ST/SV; 08-20-2012 at 05:58 PM.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

+1 on speedy.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 01:15 PM

Not wanting to highjack a thread, but was reading this thread when I saw the name and went to his sight and found this.
http://shop.motowerk.com/Lowering-Fo...-LOWR-REVA.htm

Since I am 6'3 I was wanting to give more room between the seat and my foot pegs.
Would you guys recommend these?
Is installation pretty straight foward?
Thanks for your help.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 01:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwodogs View Post
Not wanting to highjack a thread, but was reading this thread when I saw the name and went to his sight and found this.

Since I am 6'3 I was wanting to give more room between the seat and my foot pegs.
Thanks for your help.

I'm 6'2" with a 33" inseam and bad knees. The lowering pegs blocks took the pressure off my knee's. Highly recommend them.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 06:23 PM

A bad knee is why I sold my Buell. I put the lower peg blocks on the Versys and no more pain. I got the brake nut thingy as well. Speedy makes nice toys!

I'm waiting for the bar risers I ordered yesterday to show up. Speedy's making it in black now for us 2012 V owners that have the black bike. I wouldn't be surpised to see it Monday or maybe even tomorrow.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I'm 6'2" with a 33" inseam and bad knees. The lowering pegs blocks took the pressure off my knee's. Highly recommend them.
I want to thank-you for being so helpful you have been a wealth of information for a newby.
Thanks
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 08:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
I want to thank-you for being so helpful you have been a wealth of information for a newby.
Thanks

Your Welcome... But we were all newbies at one time. When i first joined this forum i had lots of questions and everyone was always willing to help me. Alot of guys have moved on but the "Spirit" of the forum is the same.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:

Thanks for your help.
YES!
YES!
...and your knees will thank you.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 05:27 PM

I ordered my mirror extenders from speedy in early December and it came in Christmas wrapping paper. That was pretty cool to me.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 05:31 PM

My bar riser showed up today. Looks nice and took all of 10 mins to install. Now I need to go ride and adjust the bars.

Speedy gets Three Big Easy to order from, ships fast and the parts are vrey nicely made, fit and look great!

2012 650 Versys
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 05:21 PM

Only thing I did not like about getting my spools and flatfoot (which are freaking awesome btw), is that he made the delivery : Signature Confirmation.

For someone like me who works 8-6 everyday, I had to leave work early one day in order to get to the post office to pick it up

I would prefer that he gives the option during checkout, thats my only gripe (i am very very impatient)

Farkles:
Givi Tall Windscreen, Givi Top Rack and Case, Givi V35 Bags and Mounts, Givi QuickLock Tank Connector+Bag, Oxford Heated Grips, Nuvi 550 w/ Ram Mount, Barkbusters Full Wrap + Storm, Motowerks Flatfoot, Spools and Tank Protector, Bobbed Fender, Grip Puppies, 12v SAE Socket, Packjack, Airhawk 1 (med), Scala Rider G4, Contour Roam2

Next Stop: 44Tooth Sprocket (To be installed)
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 05:08 PM

lower blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Well installed them today, and I gotta say they made all the difference in the world.
Even with the low gel seat, it is very comfortable, with the lower blocks.
Well worth the investment.
Thanks.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 05:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Well installed them today, and I gotta say they made all the difference in the world.
Even with the low gel seat, it is very comfortable, with the lower blocks.
Well worth the investment.
Thanks.

Good to hear..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naudan View Post
Only thing I did not like about getting my spools and flatfoot (which are freaking awesome btw), is that he made the delivery : Signature Confirmation.

For someone like me who works 8-6 everyday, I had to leave work early one day in order to get to the post office to pick it up

I would prefer that he gives the option during checkout, thats my only gripe (i am very very impatient)
Thanks for the feedback. In some cases my hands are tied
When the shipping address is different from the billing address or shows up as unconfirmed (post office shows it as not matching in their database), I have to ship with signature confirmation upon delivery.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 05:17 PM

I'd rather it come USPO than Fed-X. It both need me to sign for...well the Post Office is 6 miles and the Fed-X depoit is 35!

I have had thing left for years without a problem BUT I also had a bix of computer parts go missing and it took 3 months to get a refund on that mess.

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode