Panniers - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By troop
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Panniers

I'm planning on getting a new 17 in the spring of '18. This will be my 21st bike, having ridden off road, dual sports, cafe racers, touring, pretty much the whole spectrum. I enjoy touring most now that I'm 70, and my last touring bike was a BMW 1150GS with factory bags. Now that I'm looking at the Versys, I'd like some input from anyone who has used Tusk panniers. I'm thinking of using the Givi rack but I have questions about the mounting, detachable? or not. I hope someone out there can throw some light on this application.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
When I was looking at panniers/ mounts for non LT, the only removable mounting system I found was from sw-motech. Both twistedthrottle and revzilla carry them. They are pricey at about $327 with bag specific mount hardware. Givi doesn't have the PLR kit for the versys. motostorm.it has great prices on givi/kappa luggage and hardware. Can't help with tusk panniers.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Givi PL4114 Tubular Sidecase Racks fit the Kawasaki Versys 650 LT & ABS '15-'18. They are available from the Twisted Throttle at $170. I've seen where folks are using them to mount Tusk cases. I'm interested to find anyone who has done this.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
What Givi doesn't have are the rapid release version of the PL4114 sidecase racks. They would be designated PLR4114. The PL41114 racks are pretty much on all the time racks, not being quick release. If you want Givi/Kappa products, this is the place..
https://www.motostorm.it/en/search-by-bike.html?id=800
https://www.motostorm.it/en/accessor...vi-pl4114.html
DancesWithCurves likes this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troop View Post
What Givi doesn't have are the rapid release version of the PL4114 sidecase racks. They would be designated PLR4114. The PL41114 racks are pretty much on all the time racks, not being quick release. If you want Givi/Kappa products, this is the place..
https://www.motostorm.it/en/search-by-bike.html?id=800
https://www.motostorm.it/en/accessor...vi-pl4114.html

What Troop said......I've ordered from them twice and the savings can't be beat here in the USA.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, Motostorm looks like they have great prices on racks. I think using the Tusk panniers I will just mount them permanently and use some liners to remove my stuff.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasdan View Post
...Now that I'm looking at the Versys, I'd like some input from anyone who has used Tusk panniers. I'm thinking of using the Givi rack but I have questions about the mounting, detachable? or not. I hope someone out there can throw some light on this application.
Quote:
Givi PL4114 Tubular Sidecase Racks fit the Kawasaki Versys 650 LT & ABS '15-'18. They are available from the Twisted Throttle at $170. I've seen where folks are using them to mount Tusk cases. I'm interested to find anyone who has done this.
I put TUSK panniers (the larger ones) on my '08 a few years back, and I BELIEVE I used those GiVi racks (permanently mounted, or at least a BUGGAR to remove!!!) Here's the link to my install of some Canadian aluminum panniers I put on my '09 in BC. They're pretty much identical to TUSKs, so I did the same install procedure in AZ on my '08 when installing TUSKs.....

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...-panniers.html

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

That's exactly what I wanted to see, many thanks. What is the size of those panniers? I went to Motostorms site and found that the KLXR450 Kappa rack would do the job. I would also need their 450KIT to move the rear turn signals. Thanks again.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
That's exactly what I wanted to see, many thanks. What is the size of those panniers? I went to Motostorms site and found that the KLXR450 Kappa rack would do the job. I would also need their 450KIT to move the rear turn signals. Thanks again.
I believe they're 39L. They are 9" W x 18" L.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I believe they're 39L. They are 9" W x 18" L.

My records indicate that I mounted the TUSKs w/ GiVi PL447 racks, and I BELIEVE they included the turn-signal relocation 'bits'.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

I don't think Givi makes the PL447 racks any longer. The PL4114 looks like it will do the job and is the most reasonable in price.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Those are definitely for the Gen 3, which is what you need.
Vegasdan likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode