Versys down! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Versys down!

My beloved V (Vikki) got hit by an suv yesterday. Parked in an space with no other vehicles around. It was backed into and then driven up onto because the driver of the suv apparently didn't notice the crash when she hit it. Anyone know how hard it is to total a V? Her insurance will cover it if its totalled but i don't want a new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
If the frames bent. Kiss it goodbye.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 06:45 PM

Sorry to hear it. Glad the driver owed up to it.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 07:58 PM

Well... crap.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 08:09 AM

My very good insurance guy said that there are two kinds of motorcycle claims that represent 96% of all motorcycle claims.

Stolen Vehicle and Total Loss.

So I'd guess this is a total loss.

May the road always curve in front of you.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Lucky you weren't on it. As to replacement, I can understand wanting to repair what you have, at the same time if that is what you accept, be sure you have some recourse to do further repairs, like stator failure.
Most companies want you to sign off , been a long time since I had a claim so this may not apply, but several factors come into play, who does the repairs and how long do you need to wait to get it back, is it repaired to your satisfaction or the adjusters. It might be possible to find a new bike same year as yours, and have it fitted with your farkles. JMO
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 02:54 PM

Was she drunk? I had a drunk take out one of my bikes in SF long ago. They hit it while it was parked and dragged it under there car for 3 blocks.

As for finding a bike you should be able to find the same year as yours. Sacrameto Craigslist shows 2 2008's for sale and sac is only 150 miles from sparks,nv.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 08:16 PM

IF the damage is bad enough it may never be the same again. I would hope for a new one personally, then maybe buy the old one back from the insurance company for a spare bike!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Just got it back from kawi from their crash repair estimate. Somehow the frame wasn't bent but i do need new bars, forks, all the plastics and blinkers on right side and new foot peg and clutch cover and seat.. It's not totalled thank god. The shop will have her for some time and i hope she will be the same bike when i get it back in a few weeks
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the well wishes and helpful replies. A lot of the parts are just scratched up and not broken so I should have a bunch of spare parts when i get it repaired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode