Montana trip - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Montana trip

Just thought i'd share a few highlights. The V preformed exemplary as I'm sure anyone on this board would expect. Anyone that hasn't been out there needs to go. Its F'n awsome. Beutiful roads both payved and gravel. My mind is still trying to comprehend the vastness of the landscape. We hit up Glacier ntl park and on the way home we went through the black forrest and the bad lands. It was hot.

Rolled out there with my usual lugage. The little 650 does not like having increased wind reistance at high speeds. Fuel econ was terrible. I got mid 30s on average for the whole trip. The ulitimate low was 27 while riding into a head wind. The V did even worse than the 990 adventure that came along with us. There was also a Super Ten and an 800GS. Latter we met up with a WeeStrom. Everyone survived and all the bikes took the beatings that they were built for. Some more than others.

Here are some pics. 3 good gravel running shots and one amuzing wildlife pic. and a landscape shot.

I put on a Dunlop 616 on the front and an Anikee2 rear. All told I put on 4670 miles in 9 days. Both tires look to bee in very good shape. little wear and squaring so far. I haven't measured tread depth but I'd be suprized if they were worn even to 1/2 tread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jump2.jpg (117.7 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg jump1.jpg (121.1 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg slide.jpg (82.5 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg road block.jpg (83.9 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg pretty.jpg (60.7 KB, 76 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

OK I'm suprized. According to the interweb the Anakee is about 8mm tread depth new. Mine are down to 4mm. Still not bad. If I get another 4600 miles out of whats left I'll be happy.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring919 View Post
...Here are some pics. 3 good gravel running shots and one amuzing wildlife pic. and a landscape shot....
Looking at picture #3 - it's no wonder your gas mileage was so poor! I'll bet your "smileage" was GREAT, tho'....

BTW, did you try 89 from St. Marys south to East Glacier? If not - next time make sure you do!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

We did ride 89. Great little road. Need a bike that can morph from a zx14 to a 600RR on that road. And of coarse back to a versys when you pull off on some senic gravel cow path.

Pic 3 was great smileage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode