• 1 Post By captpfd
  • 2 Post By RoaringTodd
  • 2 Post By quexpress

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Repair shop recommendation

Hi all,

After my Versys crash in the Delaware Water Gap area recently, the insurance company decided to go forward with repairs. Frame replacement, swing arm, right side fairings, license plate and rear signal assembly, mirror, right foot pegs, etc. etc.

I live in the NY metro area and figure that bringing the bike back here for repairs is going to get expensive. Most hourly rates around here are north of $100, and I figure that could push things into the totaled territory.

That said, I haven't done much research on shops in Eastern PA. I saw a few with decent Google reviews, but I wanted to ask if anybody has recommendations (for or against) shops in the general vicinity of Stroudsburg.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 06:27 PM

Sorry, I'm not familiar with shops in the area. But, with the extent and severity of damage that you mentioned (plus seeing the video), I'm baffled why they didn't total it. This isn't a $20,000 vehicle. A frame swap is very labor intensive. You can imagine all of the related effort involved, in removing every bolt and component, and then reassembling it. Also, I'd be surprised if forks and/or triple trees didn't get tweaked. Did they take a good look at engine cases and covers, for damage? Who will re-stamp the VIN into the new frame? The new frame will come without a VIN.

Just a friendly word of insight, you might want to ensure the insurance company is willing to pay for storage, towing, and any other incidentals (parts) that may not have been originally detected on round one of the claim. There may be more expenses than what was originally noticed and documented.

Hope things work out well for you! Keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemacleod View Post
Hi all,

After my Versys crash in the Delaware Water Gap area recently, the insurance company decided to go forward with repairs. Frame replacement, swing arm, right side fairings, license plate and rear signal assembly, mirror, right foot pegs, etc. etc.

I live in the NY metro area and figure that bringing the bike back here for repairs is going to get expensive. Most hourly rates around here are north of $100, and I figure that could push things into the totaled territory.

That said, I haven't done much research on shops in Eastern PA. I saw a few with decent Google reviews, but I wanted to ask if anybody has recommendations (for or against) shops in the general vicinity of Stroudsburg.

Thanks in advance!
onewizard and aemacleod like this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 06:53 PM

I would have gone for it to be totalled. May never be right after the swap.
aemacleod likes this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 09:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemacleod View Post
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
I would stick with a Kawasaki dealerships.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 06:48 AM

Garage
I'd ask for it to be considered a write off as well.

Just because I am Deaf does not mean I can not roar.

Long distance two stroke scooter rider moving onto even longer touring.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captpfd View Post
I would have gone for it to be totalled. May never be right after the swap.
Same here!

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode