My V's Home Ground..! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 05:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My V's Home Ground..!

Hey all, if any of you are watching, or due to time diffs, will watch the Olympic cycle road race today, it goes out of London to Box Hill - nine laps around the hill to be exact. Anyhow's that's my home turf, never seen it on TV before. A lovely part of the world I hope you'll agree..! Had many happy years riding too fast up and down that hill..! And hundreds of cups of tea there too..!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedseven50 View Post
And hundreds of cups of tea there too..!
And here I thought you blokes were after having a Pint or two.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
And here I thought you blokes were after having a Pint or two.
Not always...! I drink more tea than beer...

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Hey all, if any of you are watching, or due to time diffs, will watch the Olympic cycle road race today, it goes out of London to Box Hill - nine laps around the hill to be exact. Anyhow's that's my home turf, never seen it on TV before. A lovely part of the world I hope you'll agree..! Had many happy years riding too fast up and down that hill..! And hundreds of cups of tea there too..!
The single biggest problem with the men's road race is that bloody Alexandr " loaded to the gills with banned substances" Vinokurov (or however he spells his name) won the bloody race.

Too bad Cancellara crashed and too bad Mark Cavendish lost touch. But anyone other than Vinokurov would have been an easier pill to swallow.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
The single biggest problem with the men's road race is that bloody Alexandr " loaded to the gills with banned substances" Vinokurov (or however he spells his name) won the bloody race.

Too bad Cancellara crashed and too bad Mark Cavendish lost touch. But anyone other than Vinokurov would have been an easier pill to swallow.

Lol...! yeah, know what u mean Arion. Well, our guys may have failed in their tactics yesterday but I can take consolation that one of our girls got silver in the ladies road race a short while ago..!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Yep great views of the country side, reminds me of some areas around here. Good spots to watch the race as well, thought some of the spectators were getting a little close there at times.

Sold 2005 honda vtx 1300 bought an '09 versys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 08:57 PM

Looked like a nice area! I must confess, I think I enjoyed watching the women's race more than the men's...your girl put on a good show, and a gracious interview after! I enjoy being on my road bike and mountain bike as much as my versys. Not sure what it is about 2 wheels for me...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1466 View Post
Looked like a nice area! I must confess, I think I enjoyed watching the women's race more than the men's...your girl put on a good show, and a gracious interview after! I enjoy being on my road bike and mountain bike as much as my versys. Not sure what it is about 2 wheels for me...

Know what you mean Josh. Freedom, it's all about freedom..!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode