Turn Guest Viewing of Gallery OFF 4 66.67%
Leave Guest Viewing of Gallery On 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Gallery / Privacy/Copyright/Hosting Images

It has been pointed out that as to privacy, we have 2 choices to store photo's, Private or public. In private mode I am not really sure why it is there, any photos I save as private can only be viewed by other mods or my contacts? The reason I ask is posted photos, the gallery , are accessible without logging in, can be copied and posted on another forum, without permission from anyone, aka copyright infringement. So I have asked for input from mods and members that use this Gallery for saving photos. What will happen is only logged in members will be able to see posted photos by disabling the Guest setting.
Personally this is incentive to join the forum, other forums are set up the same way, at $00.00 per year it is a bargain.

Since Photo Buckets increased membership , many people have left their service and many of the postings on this forum have been rendered useless without the photos. A update was made to the forum Gallery to increase capacity from 100 to 1000 photos for members and a maximum of 60 photos per album.

Most photos you see today on sites that sell , have text of some sort identifying the source of the photo, that is to protect the owner. Here is a example from Moto Werk, there are photos on this site that someone could turn around receive a fee for if they were inclined to do so, as it is 100% view-able as a Guest without ever joining or logging in. And that is what I am asking to change.

Below is the response from KawiMan

What the settings do include is the ability to turn it off entirely for Guests
The so-so news is that by doing this, it will cause any images from the albums that are hosted anywhere, to also be restricted viewing. This means if members use those images in their threads, Guests will not be able to see them. Also, if members are using the Albums to host images off of this site, it will break the image there.

If you guys are ok with that, we are ok with disabling Guests ability to view Albums. Everyone will need to register, and be signed in, in order to view those.

No comment required.

As of this editing we are sitting at 100% for OFF, poll closes at Sept.30 at 03.54 PM

Last edited by onewizard; 09-26-2017 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Clarity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode