Finally did a blood transfusion on the versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Site Sponsor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Finally did a blood transfusion on the versys

I did my first oil change on the versys and switched to amsoil 10w40. I have to say that I was not expecting to see a huge difference.....but wow! the motor is sooooo smooth now. and quiet. there was quite a difference. I had a few gallons of 1040 left over from my other bike, so I tried it. its all thats going into my bike for sure now!

Im totally impressed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 01:45 PM
MTS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack View Post
I did my first oil change on the versys and switched to amsoil 10w40. I have to say that I was not expecting to see a huge difference.....but wow! the motor is sooooo smooth now. and quiet. there was quite a difference. I had a few gallons of 1040 left over from my other bike, so I tried it. its all thats going into my bike for sure now!

Im totally impressed.
+1 Also 10w40 Amsiol and its awesome! Everything is smoother!

(blood transfusion) good lord!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Yep...Like the Amsoil. If its not handy i use Repsol Synthetic

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 09:09 PM

Amsoil 10/40 was my favorite till it got so pricey. I've been using Rotella 5W40 synthetic in all our machines now and it's my second favorite. Amsoil is good stuff .
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yep...Like the Amsoil. If its not handy i use Repsol Synthetic
How much handier can it get when it is delivered to you doorstep.

I suppose you want it delivered to the coffee shop instead.

geesh

lmao

: )

Ride em if ya got em!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 05:18 PM

Garage
Yea I Know.I still have plenty of amsoil.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 05:22 PM

sorry.
i could not resist.
me bad.

: )

Ride em if ya got em!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 05:40 PM

Rather than the coffee shop could you just show up and do the change for me?

I just picked up 3 Qts for my first go at Amsoil, never used it before. At $12.50 a Qt it's pricey but not TOO bad. I plan to use it in the "V". The KLR will get Rotela as I change it every 2000 miles.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 06:19 PM

There is a advertiser on this forum who pays to have his ad here. That said, no one (almost) pays retail or more. Amsoil supplies various ways of providing you discounts. As do dealers.

damhik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post

I just picked up 3 Qts for my first go at Amsoil, never used it before. At $12.50 a Qt it's pricey but not TOO bad. I plan to use it in the "V". The KLR will get Rotela as I change it every 2000 miles.

Ride em if ya got em!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 07:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post

After The Coffee....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 07:43 PM

I should have pointed out that this was a one time deal with the dealership, they want all my biz. They don't sell Kawasaki but other brands. They gave me a "Deal" on the oil, threw in a filter. BUT if I like the oil I'll order it form the person here unless he was over priced as it's to far to go to these guys (80 miles ONE way).

We're were over there looking for a part for my buds Bonny... a real 1964 Bonny. Seems like every 6 months he's on a parts hunt for something or other mostly to make it look better as it does run (most of the time) and NO he will not put Amsoil in it...he says it'd just run out the bottom! I ask what oil he does use and he said "The slippery stuff in the can"

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Site Sponsor

I have a commerical amsoil account. I get a good deal on it.

I run it in my snowmobiles, bikes, going in the quad I just got home, jeep, car etc.

I wasnt sure about in the motorcycle as I was using it in a KLR, and that makes clanks and bangs now matter what....the versys engine is more refined and you can tell the difference in the sounds for sure!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 11:58 AM

I order my Amsoil from http://www.woodsbrosracing.com/amsoil-online-store.htm at a good discount on any product with their promo code if you'd like. It's at my door in a couple days from Canadian warehouse. Enter email and state or province for instant quote. Save more by ordering in bulk.

Amsoil AMO 10W-40 is hard to beat for the cost, and is also JASO MA/MA2 rated.

http://www.woodsbrosracing.com/amsoil/amo.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode