post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
TheVersys Always Draws A Crowd

Just saying what we all know.......

600_137473352 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Agreed, the first day I had mine, I got a comment at a coffee shop I stopped by. The guy was telling me that he loved his Versys and that he wished he never sold it.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 06:20 PM

They don't know what they're missing. Ha ha.....

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 06:23 PM

lot of people who look at mine really like it, but most aren't sure if it's a dual purpose or a dual sport, even had a couple think it's a large scooter (that can earn a slap)

'09 Candy Plasma Blue Versys 650 (the fastest color)
Givi DS 450 Windshield
SW motech engine guards
HT Teton Panniers
Acerbis handguards
Avon Distanzia tires
Garmin Zumo 665
dual power usb/12v plug
Givi trunk on custom mount

post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 08:49 PM

I took my motorcycle driving test last Saturday. There were 20-30 riders there. They all gathered around my bike at some point and gave compliments. As a first time bike owner, that was a good feeling.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
The V always catches people and the first question is: Is this 1000cc bike...

Always a crowd puller anywhere.

post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 01:00 AM

Wow, never like that with mine. I have put over 4000 miles on my '09 and have only had 2 remarks:

1. When I took the bike in to my insurance agent, he glanced out the window at it and said (and I kid you not), "Hey, that ain't one o' them Ninjers is it?! That's what that is....one of them.....oh, we don't insure them Ninjers....no, we can't insure that bike, 'cuz we don't insure them Ninjers"

2. Sitting at a restaraunt in Arkansas last year, my brother (2010 dark blue Connie) and I were the only riders there. A guy came up and said, "That's a nice color green on that Kawasaki".

Oh well............

"Nothing bugs a handyman more than a stripper that works too slow" ~ Red Green

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 04:02 AM

Maye its only in the States. Here in Spain, I don´t think I´ve had once person look at mine in 2.5 years.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 09:38 AM

In the 2 1/2 months I've had the Versys, other than my co-workers, I've never had anyone make a comment about it. That's not that surprising since I keep pretty much to myself riding. On the other hand, I own a Russian built Ural with a sidecar. It's almost impossible to stop for gas, go to the grocery store, or just go for a ride without getting loads of attention, comments, and questions. I love them both!!!
Gary
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 05:44 PM

Am I the only one here who can't make and sense out of the sign in the background of the photo?! South/North? WTF!

post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its the Pleats View Post
Am I the only one here who can't make and sense out of the sign in the background of the photo?! South/North? WTF!

57 freeway north take a right

57 freeway south exit up ahead

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its the Pleats View Post

Seems straightforward enough. For North, turn right onto an on ramp. For South, go under overpass and turn left at light for an on ramp.

10 Duc Streetfighter S (black)
09 Versys
00 KLR
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
USN 1959-65
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntVersys View Post
Wow, never like that with mine. I have put over 4000 miles on my '09 and have only had 2 remarks:

1. When I took the bike in to my insurance agent, he glanced out the window at it and said (and I kid you not), "Hey, that ain't one o' them Ninjers is it?! That's what that is....one of them.....oh, we don't insure them Ninjers....no, we can't insure that bike, 'cuz we don't insure them Ninjers"

2. Sitting at a restaraunt in Arkansas last year, my brother (2010 dark blue Connie) and I were the only riders there. A guy came up and said, "That's a nice color green on that Kawasaki".

Oh well............
Those damn Ninjers are dangerous bikes! Haha, funny story.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 07:30 PM

My experience has been a little different. I rarely get comments on the Versys, but when I do they usually fall into the same category. I get questions from someone who is an experienced motorcyclist and is intrigued by the Versys and thinks it would probably be a great bike for his needs, but he's skeptical that something that affordable and as unflashy as a 650cc parallel twin could really be as good as he expects it to be. He usually asks really knowledgeable questions and I give straight info, good and bad, best as I can.

Now for quantity of reactions, nothing has ever topped my 1997 Triumph Speed Triple, which I bought in 1998 when there were few on the road. With its bare headlights, single-sided swingarm and that name on the tank, I got all kinds of comments. Many of them started with "Triumph! I thought they were out of business. I had a Bonneville back in '69..." and ended with "...it left an oil slick on the street where I parked it every night" or "...the lights never worked after dark" or "...it really shook the fillings out of my teeth when I did the ton."

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Hmmm Then maybe its just "My Versys"

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 08:36 PM

I get a lot of looks by older guys, and then.."What is it?"
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 08:06 AM

On a trip out West, while gassing up in Col., a guy came in and asked " Who has my Versys out front?" I replied" The guy I bought it from said the title was clear" Then we talked about the bike.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Hmmm Then maybe its just "My Versys"
Well, yours is special.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 07:00 PM

A crowd

The Versys is the only bike that I've been on that people have actually stopped, rolled down their window to talk to me...and comment...nice bike. But, honestly, I think it's the cuz it's GREEN!!!! . Then I get the..."what is it?" Mostly because the side facing to the left has no stickers.

I do have people walk up to me in parking lots to discuss it.

I've had a Katana, a KLR650, and a Kawasaki S2 Triple...which I wish dearly that I still had.

2009 Kw Versys: Green!

Barkbusters, Chrome helmet locks, GPS mount, Pyramid Fender Extender, LED accessory lights,
JT 42T rear sprocket, Givi V35 PLX sidecases, Coocase V36 Topcase, SW-Motech mirror wideners, Superbike GX mirrors, MRA VarioTouringScreen, ROX Anti-vibe Risers, T-Rex sliders, SW Motech engine guards, Motowerks Lowering Link
DNLP D616 120/70ZR17 front
DNLP D616 180/55ZR17 rear

The rest is
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
Seems straightforward enough. For North, turn right onto an on ramp. For South, go under overpass and turn left at light for an on ramp.
Yeah, sarcasim lost when typed! I'm australian so sarcasim is my second language. It still looks like a funny sign, maybe its just me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode