Info on ntm Versys.. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Info on ntm Versys..

I am a new member of the Versys world as of yesterday.. I picked up an 09 Candy Lime Green with a whopping 367 miles on the clock.. I nearly doubled the mileage just driving it home.. Im sure I will have many questions in the future and am currently busy making my farkle list. One of my questions is from a comment by fasteddiecopeman concerning colors.. After more research due to his comment I'm wondering if there is a way to determine from the VIN what color the bike was from the factory? I have been over this bike thoroughly, it's basically a new bike and am sure it hasn't been in a wreck. Its just strange that no where can I find a picture of a green V with silver frame, forks and wheels..

As a side note, he included the paperwork from the new dealer purchase which spec'd the color as green..

Last edited by Snownut; 07-08-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 07:54 PM

That is a strange color combination you have there. I've never seen a green V with silver frame, engine plastic and silver wheels.
My first thought would be that someone has replaced the blue tank and plastic but then you say you have the original paperworking showing it to be "green".
I think you simply have an oddity there, looks good though.

Last edited by ray h; 07-08-2012 at 08:03 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 08:05 PM

Garage
That is a Blue 09' frame/wheels. Maybe the dealer switched it up with a blue bike before sale.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 08:10 PM

Maybe you should be asking what year is the bike.
A 2008 model year bike will have the number 8 as the 10th digit of the 17 digit VIN (vehicle identification number).
A 2009 model year bike will have the number 9 as the 10th digit of the 17 digit VIN.

Were 2009 Green body panels installed on a 2008 model year bike, or as HAWKSHOT99 posted, were Green body panels installed on a 2009 that originally had Blue body panels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Versys-sold
2016 Yamaha FJ-09
1988 Honda Hawk GT NT650

Truth
It is more important now than ever.

Last edited by Ziggy; 07-08-2012 at 08:18 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Maybe you should be asking what year is the bike.
A 2008 model year bike will have the number 8 as the 10th digit of the 17 digit VIN (vehicle identification number).
A 2009 model year bike will have the number 9 as the 10th digit of the 17 digit VIN.

To me it appears that 2009 Green body panels were installed on a 2008 model year bike.
9th and 10th digits are both a 9.. I guess what I'm wondering is if Kawasaki could look up the bike by vin and tell me what the factory color was.. Doesn't really matter to me, I actually like the color combo, just interesting to me how it came about.

09 Lime Versys
13' DL650 Vstrom
06 (Gold) Goldwing IV

Last edited by Snownut; 07-08-2012 at 08:15 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 08:37 PM

Candy Lime Green and Candy Plasma Blue were both 2009 colors.
Very nice find with very low miles.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
I like it better than the normal 09 green. Always thought the black rims looked like shhhiiiittttt

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode