Bike stolen - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Bike stolen

I had the damn thing for 2 months... TWO MONTHS and it got stolen today while I was at work. I rode it to work, parked it at 10am, and when I went to leave at 6pm it was gone. Filed a police report, left message for insurance, and now nothing left to do but sit in my room and drink my sorrows away!

/rant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 07:37 PM

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 07:38 PM

Stolen V??

I feel so bad for you. I never even lock my steering here in Newfoundland, Canada. I hope you get your V back.

I figured it out!! A good day is when you can't see through your visor or windshield b/c of the bug splatter!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceyFeet View Post
I had the damn thing for 2 months... TWO MONTHS and it got stolen today while I was at work. I rode it to work, parked it at 10am, and when I went to leave at 6pm it was gone. Filed a police report, left message for insurance, and now nothing left to do but sit in my room and drink my sorrows away!

/rant
Oh wow sorry to hear your bad day..Let us know if you get her back or a new one..

Sold 2005 honda vtx 1300 bought an '09 versys
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 07:56 PM

Thieves suck.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 07:57 PM

Sorry to hear about your bike. Here I don't ever lock my steering either and I always just place my helmet on the seat when I go in someplace. Of course it could happen anywhere to anybody.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 08:05 PM

Damn, that sucks!

Don't suppose the chances for recovery are very good, but we can always hope for the best. Maybe the pathetic yobbo who stole it will crash and terminate himself or herself (don't want to be sexist).

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 08:21 PM

THAT SUCKS!!!! I hope you get a new one. A buddy had his bike stolen and it was found a couple of days later in pieces. I personally would not want it back.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 08:26 PM
MTS

Man so sorry! I'm with Bones on this one thieves suck!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 08:30 PM

Unfortunately I know the feeling only too well having had two bikes stolen in the past. One was an old Honda 360 some kids stole for a joyride and I got it back the same night, the other was a Yamaha RD350LC that I never saw again and was uninsured. We can only hope the thieves suffer a fate that I dare not mention. Karma baby, it comes around.
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 08:35 PM

Garage
I hate a thief. Hope everything turns out alright. But the feeling of being violated will last a long time.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 08:47 PM

That's the worst!! I sympathize- My last bike was stolen. I hope the person that stole yours gets into a head-on with the person that stole mine and makes the world slightly less awful for all. Were you in a garage or on the street?

post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 09:45 PM

Well that just sucks.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 09:58 PM

Man, that sucks. I always wonder if I'm going to walk out to an empty parking spot despite my attempts to lock it down. I hope they catch the responsible.

Dave C

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator

Guess one day he will pay the price for hurting you.

Hope you get back your bike soon..
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 10:24 PM

Was it stolen in the Ringwood, NJ area??? I'm familiar with your area, and I'm surprised. It's about as rural as Jersey gets, and seems unexpected.

Here in Brooklyn, I always look down the block to where I parked it, half expecting it to be gone... Guys (not sexist, it's ALWAYS large guys) pull up with 2 thick bars, stick them through the frame and are gone in minutes (or less!). Steering lock or disc lock doesn't help. Chained to pole etc can slow them down - but you really need to hope there's a better choice for them to chop just down the street.

So sorry for your loss. Hope insurance was up to date and covers theft.

**'2011 Versys, '75 Honda CL360 cafe project, '76 CB 550, '09 Husky TE610**

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the sympathy folks. Luckily I do have full coverage including theft so I'm covered in that aspect. It was stolen in Parsippany, about 20 miles from my hometown. I work in a big office building and there are lots of cars in the lot, and my bike just happened to be in the wrong place I guess. I got soooo much joy from that damn bike. Luckily this happened when it did, I had lined up a transaction for happy trails bags and new tires.

Oh well, I guess I'm in the market for a new V! Anyone wanna help a brotha out?
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 12:18 AM

Garage
Does your work have parking cameras?

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 12:41 AM

When ya get a new Versys might want to invest in a LoJack system. Who ever stole this one may come back for seconds
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 01:02 AM

that sucks,

this is why I put a disc brake lock on the front and cable lock through the swingarm/rear wheel when she's parked on the street at home, and when at work I keep it in the shop or at the minimum the brake lock is on.

'09 Candy Plasma Blue Versys 650 (the fastest color)
Givi DS 450 Windshield
SW motech engine guards
HT Teton Panniers
Acerbis handguards
Avon Distanzia tires
Garmin Zumo 665
dual power usb/12v plug
Givi trunk on custom mount

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode