Review Of Terry Adcock Seat - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Review Of Terry Adcock Seat

Back on 1/5/2012 I posted about a new seat guy out there http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=17991 Then awhile back forum member twowheeladdict posted about the seat he got from Terry and this design was twowheeladdicts.
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=19350 So after seeing this seat i knew i would have to try one out. So e-mailed Terry got the info i needed and sent off my seat as well as my info Height ,weight,inseam,etc etc. Recieved my seat last night and went out for a ride today.

So most of you who know me know how many seats i've been through. Baldwin,Russell Day Long, two Kawi Gel Seats & A Corbin I had ranked them for me #1 Baldwin #2 Russell Day Long #3 Corbin & last place Kawi Gel Seat.

So after a nice ride today mixed in city & freeway on the Terry Adcock Seat I have a new #1 yes it beat out my all time favorite the Baldwin.

The Terry Adcock Seat is the most comfortable seat by a long shot over the others. No foward slide where you place your butt it stays. When i first saw it it reminded me of the Russell but this one you don't have to slide foward when you come to a stop like the russell.For me i can just drop my legs down when coming to a stop and i'll be on the balls of both my feet if i want to be flat footed on both feet just scoot up a tad. The quality of the seat is top notch and the service and communication i got from Terry was outstanding. With shipping both ways i got the seat for $325.00 They got my stock seat on a monday and shipped out my new seat the next monday and i had it that friday. Could Not Be Happier With My Decision To Get The Terry Adcock Seat...

IMG_1488 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_1489 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_1490 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_1491 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_1492 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_1493 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_1499 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 05:39 PM

Thanks for the update!

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #3 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 06:11 PM

Garage
Is there any padding at all for a passenger?

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips

post #4 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
Is there any padding at all for a passenger?
Some but i never ride 2 up and i wanted to be able to stretch out and get my leg over easier. But he can make it how you want. The first link provided in the original post is his normal design. This design was what he came up with for forum member twowheeladdict and i liked it so that what i went with.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 07:44 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
When will you be selling this one???

J/K

Looks nice...a bit odd with the passenger seat so thin but to each his own.

" I don't care about shinny chrome or loud exhaust, I don't ride to be seen, I ride because I want to disappear"

Halfthrottle
post #6 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 08:07 AM

Garage
That is seriously ugly.
post #7 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 09:01 AM

Very strange looking
post #8 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
That is seriously ugly.
Somebody had to say it.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
post #9 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 09:45 AM

Finally, a seat designed with the rider-rather than the passenger-in mind. I don't understand why the seat makers give up rider comfort for the sake of increased passenger space when the majority of bikes are ridden solo. The oem V seat is bad enough, but the Sargent is even more cramped, the Seat Concepts seat is marginally better-especially for the price. If I keep the V, this seat will be on my to-do list next spring.

Larry aka Charliedog
Bristol, TN

post #10 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by offcamber View Post
When will you be selling this one???

J/K

Looks nice...a bit odd with the passenger seat so thin but to each his own.

This ones a keeper.not selling it

I never ride 2 up with my bad knee the passenger section being flat and removing the grab handles makes it a breeze getting the leg over. And again this seat is extremly comfortable. It's like sitting in your favorite chair.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 06-24-2012 at 10:47 AM.
post #11 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
That is seriously ugly.

Well its kinds like most guys don't know they married an ugly woman untill somebody tells them.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by donr1122 View Post
Very strange looking

The seat i have i wanted that way. His normal seat looks like this.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...t_10084wt_1165

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 06-24-2012 at 11:16 AM.
post #13 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by donr1122 View Post
Very strange looking
Have you seen a Versys????

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 12:17 PM

I think it looks like a toilet seat.
But you can't see that from where you're sitting!
post #15 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The main complaint on this forum about the Versys is the crappy seat. So someone that actually spent the money on different seats and can give you an opinion based on having owned those seats hoping he can save someone else from spending money on something that would be a disappointment. Gets heckles from the cheap seats. So when any of you wise guys spend the money to form an educated opinion then I'll listen to it. I'm sure most of your women would want a nicer face than yours to sit on too if they had a choice.
Shibumik likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 02:34 PM

We're just ribbin' ya, Weljo...

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
post #17 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by genehil View Post
We're just ribbin' ya, Weljo...

I know and i can take a joke. But i get several PM's aweek from guys wanting advice on seats and i give them my opinion about all the seats i've had. Going into alot of detail about my likes and dislikes about each one. When it comes to someone spending thier hard earned money for something i suggested i take it kinda serious.

What i've spent on seats.

Baldwin Tall Leather w/Gel Insert $750.00 including shipping both ways {New}

Russell Day Long. $500.00 {Used}

Corbin. $300.00 {Used}

2) Kawasaki Gel Seats. $300.00ea. {Used}

Terry Adcock Seat. $325.00 shipping included both ways {New}

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #18 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 05:45 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
Interesting you never tried the Seat concepts seat which has to be the most popular on this forum to date.

Just an observation.

" I don't care about shinny chrome or loud exhaust, I don't ride to be seen, I ride because I want to disappear"

Halfthrottle
post #19 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by offcamber View Post
Interesting you never tried the Seat concepts seat which has to be the most popular on this forum to date.

Just an observation.

Thought about it and they are located just about 1.5 hours away from me. But it looked to similar to the stock seat and would do nothing for me with how the pillon hump bothered me on all the seats except this one.

Funny thing about the SC seat the guy who first posted about that seat hasn't posted since but maybe a couple of times a few days later.(Maybe a sales guy???) Everyone was a little to quick to jump on board for me from such a new poster but the main reason was because it was so cheap and they were hoping it would work out for them. Which of course a petrified dino turd would be more comfortable than the stock seat.

Just because something is popular doesn't mean its any good but i can't say for sure because i've never sat on one.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #20 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 08:59 PM

Hey, sorry if that went too far.
I didn't mean to draw blood!

If the quest for seated bliss is truly over I congratulate you! You have suffered for the cause to be sure, physically, financially, and now the slings and arrows of your compatriots. My apologies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode