Versys Sold... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Versys Sold...

Well, today I sold my 2008 Versys...It took less than a week. In Vermont, there were only three listed on Craigslist and maybe another three for sale between, Vermont, New Hampshire and Central Mass.

It really is a great bike. I had about 5 offers for the bike, however three of them were low balls and I simply said "no". One of the offers wanted me to ride it 150 miles for delivery...I said "no" I also had offers for the custom seat and Barkbusters, but again, what made my bike unique to the other two in Vermont were the custom seat and the Barkbusters...

Anyway, I sold it to a nice sounding home this morning. I will certainly miss the bike, but it needs to be ridden more than I had the time for.

I guess the point of this post is this...for all you that own a Versys, if you didn't already know, you have a special bike that if you ever decide to sell it, don't just give it away, hold out and you will see that it really is worth what you think it is worth.

Ride Safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 03:45 PM

Sorry you had to sell. Hope you can get back in the saddle again!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Oh, I'm not bikeless, I just wasn't riding the Versys as much as I should have...

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 08:07 PM

Whew!! Glad to hear it!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 09:37 PM

There is a 2008 Versys for sell on Craigslist in Lubbock Texas for 2995 from a little motorcycle shop. They have been trying to sell it for months. They were trying to get 4200 before and have been dropping the price every couple of weeks.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 10:13 PM

As rare as Versii are and the great reviews they have been getting, you would think they would bring more $$$$.
I stopped at a gas station/mini mart the other day on my way to work and some guys struck up a conversation about my Versys. People always ask what it is (debadged) then they say "I've seen reviews and I want one of those because they are different". I agree, there aren't any around me that I know of. I participated in a veterans ride a couple weekends ago (1800 bikes). Before the ride started I walked the line figuring I would see at least one other Versys, I saw exactly zero. Most were cruisers but there were a few sport bikes and some adventure types but not one Versys. One of my favorite things about the V is that even bike people dont know what it is.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 04:08 PM
VOz

There is a certain appeal to having a somewhat unique bike.

That appeal quickly dissapates when it comes time to sell though. I bought mine new with the intention and knowledge that I would only be keeping it for a year and that when it comes time to sell that it will be difficult and to be prepared to take a 25-30% hit on sell price.

My purchase critera as a new rider was a little different than most as this is one of the largest capacity bikes legally available for new (L & P Plate) riders in Oz. I was originally going to buy a Ninja or an ER-6N but I felt these bikes were just too small or cramped for me.

The only saving grace for me is exactly the reason I bought it, limited bikes like this available for new riders.

Voz

Sydney, Australia
2012 Kawasaki Versys 650

Last edited by VOz; 06-24-2012 at 04:11 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear on your V, but do hand around .

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

When you buy a bike new, you get the benefit of having a new bike without the unknown history. You can add what ever farkles you want. However, the real benefit goes to the second owner, who does not get saddled with the depreciation but gets a solid bike with the farkles already on the bike.

I was the second owner, and year later I got almost what I paid for it. They are solid bikes, I will miss the quiet, early morning, or late evening rides for sure...But, I just didn't ride it enough to justify owning it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode