So I'll be picking up a new 2011 V tomorrow if all goes as planned. The wifey was nice enough to buy one for me for my 40th birthday!
You lucky bugger!
I had to buy mine myself, my wife would not buy me anything for my bike, she hates them, lol.
Okay, I have added a $hitload of farkle in the past month that I have owned the bike trying to make it comfortable and safe for my daily 40klm of urban commuting.
1. New rear sprocket 43 or 44T to replace the factory 46T sprocket. Absolutely without doubt an essential mod for road use, the stock gears are way too short, you will need to be in second gear just to get accross an intersection - Approx ~ $100 fitted.
2. New tyres, I wanted the maximum wet road grip and opted for Michellin Pilot Road 3 front and rear, approx $400 fitted.
3. Wireless tyre pressue monitor (I have the Motorader brand) & tyre repair kit, I have had 2 punctures in the past 4 mths of riding, totally essential from my POV, approx $250 fitted
4. Bags Connection Engage 7L tankbag with 12 Volt Quicklock tank ring connector. As an earlier poster noted, the bag does not touch the tank, is sculpted to the shape of the tand and is perfect to keep you smalls in and charge you mobile, radar detector, camera, etc. Approx $250 fitted.
5. For me it has to be storage for my urban commute to hold my suit, shoes, etc. SW Motech Rear ALU Rack & Givi V46N top box. Approx $600 fitted.
Also Recommend (cost inc fitting):
- Healtech GL Pro gear indicator LED $200
- A loud exhaust such as an Akarapovic SP $600
- Barkbusters Storm hand proectors $200
- SW Motech crashbars $300
- Tailbag 10-20L $120
- Rear bobbins & stand $150
- Oxford heated grips $150
- Seat Concepts replacement seat and foam $250
- Riderscan 180 degree rear vision mirror (see what is in your blind spot) $60
- Fender Extenda $30
- Radguard radiator guard $150
- Givi D410ST Touring screen $150
- Hitair Airbag Jacket system with bike attached lanyard $600
- SW Motech engine guard (if going offroad) $300
- SW Motech side pannier racks $350
- Givi V35 hard side panniers (total 70L) $450
There are a few more things I can't recall, these are just of the top of my head.
Christ I have just realised that I have spent over $5000 in farkle in the past month
, about 1/2 the cost of the bike, lol.
My wife would kill me
if she figured that out, hahaha!!!