Hand wind deflectors for Versy? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Hand wind deflectors for Versy?

Does anyone make "Versy specific" hand wind deflectors? If not, any recommendations? Appreciate a reply to [email protected]

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 08:04 PM

Do a search for hand guards and read the day away.

2008 Red Versys 16k miles
*Givi Windscreen*SW-Motech Evo Rack*Seahorse 720 Cases*Seat Concepts Seat*HID Headlight

1975 Honda CB200T
1976 Volkswagen Bus
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 08:25 PM

It's v-e-r-s-y-s . . .and I use generic powermadd ones

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IBA # 49372

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 08:26 PM
djg

Twisted Throttle sells Barkbuster brand. I bought the Versys kit for my '09, fits fine.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 10:02 PM

Garage
Kawasaki makes hand guards for the Versys. I have the color matched ones on my '11

My Versys Travels:

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

I have Zeta XC guards on my Vs. They have aluminum 'backbones' with plastic covers held on with 2 screws each. Once it gets hot out I remove the plastic guards so as to get cooling airflow over my hands, and, of course, they go back on as it gets cooler later in the year.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012, 01:28 AM

I went with PowerMadd handguards, available from Amazon. They're perfect for just keeping the weather off your hands. You have to buy the plastic guards and the mounting kit seperately. You can also buy a steel (aluminum?) backbone kit to reinforce the guards, but for strictly weather protection, they're pretty sturdy with just the mounting kit.

Handguards: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TW5BAW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01
Mounting kit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AVU0X0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
I'm extremely happy with this setup, especially considering the price.

2009 Versys. It blue.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo12 View Post
I went with PowerMadd handguards, available from Amazon. They're perfect for just keeping the weather off your hands. You have to buy the plastic guards and the mounting kit seperately. You can also buy a steel (aluminum?) backbone kit to reinforce the guards, but for strictly weather protection, they're pretty sturdy with just the mounting kit.

Handguards: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i01

Mounting kit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

I'm extremely happy with this setup, especially considering the price.
+1 on the powermadds for weather.

Don't care for the powermadd embossed logo...but easy install & a solid mount for what they are. -Scott

Black 2012 Versys-Sold!
Blue WR250R
Green Bolens
Black GSX-S750
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 10:14 AM

I have the barkbuster "storm" model with the aluminum backbone. They make the bike look more like an adventure machine. They will also hit the windshield should you change that to a Givi or one just as wide at the bottom.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 12:46 AM

Garage
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 07:53 PM

Do your handguards increase buffeting on your helmet?

I have a 2011 with stock windscreen and my Cycra DX handguards increase buffeting a little. With my hand I can feel the air flow going up from the handguard towards my head. I haven't experimented with moving the handguards around.

I'm sure I've read in a review that some model of Givi windscreen keeps the wind off your hands. Maybe with that or some other screen I could solve both issues.

Or maybe a different handguard will keep the wind off my hands without directing it to my helmet?

I never really minded the buffeting on the Versys before--and I enjoy being in the wind. But I certainly didn't want to make the buffeting worse.

Not really a big deal as the weather is warming up and I may remove the handguards for awhile.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 11:19 PM

Twisted Throttle - SW-Motech Kobra handguards
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-mo...rsys-650-07-13
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 02:36 AM

Not Kawasaki specific, but great none the less.

KTM SMT 'guards with R&G bar ends.

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode