Mad props to the dude today in the white truck. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Mad props to the dude today in the white truck.

Cruisin' this A.M. on a 3 lane 45mph hwy with grassy 20 ft divider. Not raining but roads are drenched. I am slowly passing a white truck in the center lane on the left, when I JUST NOW SEE a dodge neon COMPLETELY STOPPED in the center lane??? In an instant, I am thinking about off-roading it to the left (I'm doing about 50 ) but I see a flash of the truck driver's face in his left side mirror and he just lays on the ABS and doesn't swerve into me, which is what he was thinking when I saw his face. Right about the time I am passing the Neon, and I'm expecting that crunch sound, the truck stops 3 inches from the Neon! Man, I saw the power of ABS today! In my right mirror I see the Neon put on his right turn signal and turn into a 7-11 from the middle lane. At the next light the white truck was behind me in the same center lane and I was turning left, I gave him a "thumbs up" for not taking me out I will be more carefull overtaking large vehicles in the future
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 06:36 PM

One must expedite the passing of vehicles!! LOL
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrugger View Post
One must expedite the passing of vehicles!! LOL

Yes yes!!!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 07:50 PM

Lucky lucky lucky. So many people would have not even looked just yanked the wheel and nerfed you right off the road. He is a very good driver. And I'm glad you're OK and here to post about it.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Always better to be lucky than good! Looking back now, there was a curb, but no trees in the median, so I could've pulled it out off road, but I also could've ate @%&*!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 08:58 PM

Damn fine story! Glad everyone walked away unharmed.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 12:15 AM

Wet Roads and ABS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullcircle View Post
Always better to be lucky than good! Looking back now, there was a curb, but no trees in the median, so I could've pulled it out off road, but I also could've ate @%&*!!
Wow , you should see my commute to work and back on these near gridlocked freeways here in So-Cal...in the dry sunny days there are about 75 crashes and accidents...and when it rains ,very seldom , there are about 150 crashes ...daily in San Diego county...Most people are distracted by there smart phones and poor driving skills so what I have to do , to remain alive , is to predict the idiots around me are trying to kill me and never let them push me off my lap times... That's right...everyday it's like doing a Track Day with slow backmarkers in my way...Our 650 KLE'S are perfect urban assault bikes

2013 White 650 Versys...Purrs like a kitty cat...
2007 Yamaha WR250F...Dirt Ripper...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 04:21 AM

Dude I was flying over storm king mountain on my way to work last Saturday... Forgt about west point graduation. I was in my civic, and the roads were dry, thank god Well, in 3rd gear at 70mph, I was coasting around a curve and BAM! Truck with a boat on a trailer (white truck!) swerves and almost looses it. I smack my brakes and fishtail and ride the ABS for 120 feet and stop dead. Sipped my coffee and waited for the traffic to clear. Whew!

Take it easy out there folks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullcircle View Post
Ct the next light the white truck was behind me in the same center lane and I was turning left, I gave him a "thumbs up" for not taking me out I will be more carefull overtaking large vehicles in the future
Great story... One for the books. Glad you had a friend in that white truck today. He must be a rider too.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by genehil View Post
Great story... One for the books. Glad you had a friend in that white truck today. He must be a rider too.
Your probably right.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mminob View Post
Wow , you should see my commute to work and back on these near gridlocked freeways here in So-Cal...in the dry sunny days there are about 75 crashes and accidents...and when it rains ,very seldom , there are about 150 crashes ...daily in San Diego county...Most people are distracted by there smart phones and poor driving skills so what I have to do , to remain alive , is to predict the idiots around me are trying to kill me and never let them push me off my lap times... That's right...everyday it's like doing a Track Day with slow backmarkers in my way...Our 650 KLE'S are perfect urban assault bikes
Where in San Diego do you commute? I've seen a green Versys twice now in the same area between North Park and Hillcrest on University Avenue. Wouldn't be you would it?

I've definitely had some close calls with people being weird in traffic. I find that if you respect the other drivers, they tend to respect you back. I've seen people honk at riders who swerve in too close and dangerously on the freeways and stuff. That doesn't make for good relations.

2012 Kawasaki Versys 650 - 20,500 miles
2000 Volvo V70XC 2.4T - 258,000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode